Welcome to the 356th edition of Weekly Android App.. The big headlines last week are:
- GoSMS has security vulnerabilities.. The vulnerability is very simple. Go SMS allows users to share files via web links. You can open web links without the app. Researchers have discovered that the app creates links in sequence. So basically you only need one link to know all the other links. The researcher told GoSMS, but the app didn’t fix the problem. Click the link for more information.
- Google launched a new app In Kenya and India. A new app, TaskMate, pays users a small amount of money to perform basic smartphone actions. You will be asked to say 10 sentences or take a picture of the storefront. The app pays in real money instead of Play Store credits. However, it’s a little difficult to get in because you need a referral code.
- AliExpress was banned in India this week.. This is the latest Chinese app banned domestically due to political instability between the two countries. Join the large and ever-growing list of Chinese apps banned throughout 2020. Click on the link for the complete list. If you are affected Press the alternative thought link..
- Microsoft may introduce Android apps to Windows 10.. First, Microsoft will add direct support for Android apps to the platform to bypass the emulator. That way, developers can basically publish their app to the Microsoft Store with very little code changes. This isn’t the first time Microsoft has tried it, but hopefully it’s the last. This greatly improves app support on Microsoft Windows.
- Google Messages is adding end-to-end encryption To that app. This only works with RCS and only if both participants have the chat feature turned on and are using Google Messages. Beta will be available to everyone during the next two weeks when beta testing is complete. Click the link for more information.
price: $ 3.99
Tomb Toad is a retro style puzzle adventure game. The game includes over 100 levels with various obstacles, a level editor for creating your own dungeons, and simple controls. Rotate the map to move the character and use smart movements to avoid obstacles. The unique gameplay combined with retro graphics gives this a fascinating feel. You can buy it for $ 3.99 without in-app purchases or ads.
price: Free / $ 4.99 / month
Mangamo is a new manga reader with metric ton manga. The service boasts a collection of over 1,000 comics, including the most popular comics. The app also includes unlimited reading, original series, daily new releases and other features. There is only a 30-day trial followed by a $ 4.99 / month subscription. We’ve received a lot of 1-star reviews from people who want free manga. However, the app is solid and there are few UI complaints.
price: Free play
Shining Beyond is an idol RPG. It relies a little more on RPG elements. Players can earn resources and treasures offline, just like in a regular idle game. However, you can also play online with other players, customize heroes, and play in-game events. There is also a campaign mode. There are some bugs and the control may use some tweaks. Otherwise, a lot of gameplay is a waste of time.
price: Free trial / $ 4.99 / month
Apple TV recently released an official app for Android TV. This service is a video streaming service with lots of original content. You can also buy movies and TV shows. Some can be purchased in 4K with HDR. This app is the initial release of Android TV devices. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, it is only available on some Sony Bravia TVs. Availability is expected to improve over time.
Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
price: $ 1.99
A new game has arrived in the popular Bridge Constructor series. This is done in The Walking Dead universe. Players build bridges and traps with the help of the iconic characters in the series. The goal is to provide a safe passage while killing many zombies. The game has different levels and actual plots to follow. Plus, it’s relatively inexpensive with no in-app purchases or ads. This is a good puzzle game for fans of this genre.
thank you for reading! Try these too:
If you missed a big Android app or game release, let us know in the comments!
credit: Joe Hindy / Android Authority
credit: Joe Hindy / Android Authority