Hello, the community! In this research, I will tell you some information about the latest version of Angular and I will write how to upgrade your Angular to this version.
The latest version of Angular
I will talk with you about the latest versions of Angular: 10th. Angular 10 was available to download on June 24, 2020, a year when developers have paid more attention to quality tools for the framework ecosystem.
Angular 10 takes up less space than its predecessors. New features that have been added in this variety are improved date scope selection in Angular Material and alerts for importing CommonJS. The developers have also added a new feature – the replacement of ECMAScript batch modules when a bundle packed with CommonJS can lead to larger, slower programs.
In addition, Angular 10 offers a more strategic configuration of the product when building a new space from ng new, through ng new–strict.
Enabling allows you to initialize a product with new settings for better error detection and additional program optimizations.
Advantages of Angular 10:
- the TS execution bibliotheca has been updated to TSlib version 2.0. The static analysis tool has also been updated to TSLint version 6;
- upgraded the speech service compiler, now it manages multiple typesetting files utilizing the extend interface, making Scriptinfos as required;
- old browsers are now excluded from the new version of the framework;
- faster startup and installation of yarn or npm install because ESM5 sets from Angular Package are disconnected;
- the compiler now has namespaces to read belongings and call technique;
- added EntryPointFinder without which it is impossible to discover the entry place, which is in tsconfig.json;
- lack of autocomplete with HTML, such as & amp, due to implementation and quality questions;
- explicit mapping closes devmode files. This is necessary for creating tools that direct production resources to devmode equivalents;
- ModuleWithProviders is now required in the general list. A common parameter is entered for the ModuleWithProviders pattern and the Ivy compilation and rendering pipeline. Angular 10 will update the code itself if the developer does not use the general type in the work. However, a “build error” may be shown when the View Engine and library are down, which omits the general type. Then ngcc can’t be able to do anything and that’s why the migration will only work with the program code. To correct a library error you need to contact its developer;
- TypeScript 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 deleted. The newest version of TypeScript 3.9 works here;
- the function of combining several translation files appeared, and previously only one translation file was allowed for each speech. The speech standard has expanded its capabilities. Now if you specify a number of files for the language standard, they will be merged through the messaging ID;
- function to select timeout to lock asynchronization. So you can now support the ngcc.config.js file to set the retryAttempts and retryDelay settings for AsyncLocker;
- in the new variety of the framework, incomprehensible elements will appear as errors;
- the developers have a feature and version of Angular 10 to add new data on dependencies to metadata. This will create new metadata for the compiler to work with Angular Language;
- smaller size of the entry place manifest and manifest caching, which leads to the increased productivity. In addition, dependency caching is performed in the entry point manifest and is read from there, rather than calculated each time. Previously, even if the entry point did not require processing, the ngcc would analyze entry point files to calculate dependencies, which would take a long time for large_node modules;
- to increase the level of work performance of ngcc, it is possible to promptly report an out-of-date lock file. And still the cache backup copy of the analyzed tsconfig file which can be reused if the tsconfig path is identical is saved;
- extend the correct range of values in the ExpressionBinding of the micro syntax expression to ParsedProperty, which in turn will extend the scope to the AST pattern (both VE and Ivy). This sentence is also intended for the compiler;
- solved some problems with the compiler, now it avoids incorrect expressions in the array of holes, and the kernel, which departs from incorrect actions during migration when importing a non-existent character. Now the kernel also has a better solution for the Terser error. And another bonus, the modules also have the ability to resolve errors that occur when changes in TestBed;
- one of the most noticeable changes is that Angular NPM no longer has jsdoc comments for advanced compiler closure optimizations. This support is an experiment and has not been available for a long time. Developers who use this compiler, many use Angular pockets that run directly from sources, rather than using a variety that is on NPM.
Upgrading to the Latest Angular Version
I will write how to improve Angular 9 to Angular 10 for basic applications.
What needs to be done before updating?
To maximize the creating process (in many Angular bibliotecas), enable ngcc scripts after installing npm by modifying package.json.
When internationalizing Angular (i18n), you need to download $ localize (). To do this, enable ng add @ angular / localize to make packages and code modifications. All this is described in more detail in $ localize Global Import Migration.
During the Update Process
Enable the ng update @ angular / core @ angular / cli command, which will automatically take the developer to the latest version of Angular 10.
Newly built products will be named .browserslistrc, and old ones will be called browser list. Ng upgrade will take you.
Next, it is recommended to open the file tsconfig.base.json, which creates a variety of typical contexts, ng upgrade will mechanically flip you.
And after the Update, nothing needs to be added.
So, let’s summarize all of the above. Angular 10 is currently the latest version of this framework. If you’ve been thinking about upgrading Angular to the latest version, don’t hesitate for a minute. Whatever version of Angular you have, the Angular 10 features eliminate all existing problems. The upgrade process will not take you much time and other resources, and the work will become more focused and interesting, so I hope my article will help you in the process of upgrading Angular to version 10.