For many Android users it has become a good habit that the operating system is updated several times a month in the background and that some new features are also visible on the surface. Thanks to ever-increasing modularity, the Google system updates to be created, which, however, have come unusually late in recent weeks. Only now is the big change of July coming for many users. We’ll show you what’s included.
Google System Updates is a young line of updates consisting of operating system components that can be updated directly from the Play Store. Previously this was known internally as “Project Mainline” and changes were only communicated publicly in rare cases. But with the new name, transparency has also increased and detailed information about the improvements is provided several times a month.
By the way, Google system updates are separate from Google Play Services updates and updates through the Google Play Store. While system updates are actually related to the operating system itself, the game services are responsible for the attachment and framework. The Google Play Store updates the apps used by the user and is therefore at the top of the now three-tier update pyramid. However, most of the July updates are related to improvements to the Google Play Store.
Although the July updates were announced in three waves, it is likely that the rollout was done on only a very few devices. Only now, soon in mid-August, many users are reporting that they have received a system update that includes what’s new in July. There hasn’t been an August update yet, so apparently there are delays in this area as well. In the last few days there noticeable delays.
- [Phone] Bug fixes for system management and diagnostics and utility-related services.
- [Phone] The section headings in the Data & privacy tab of Google account settings have a new look.
- [Phone] Improvements to the in-app support experience.
- [Phone] Family Link UI improvements.
- [Phone] Provide users with unified Google account security recommendations across all Google apps.
- [Phone] APIs for developers to build seamless experiences across multiple devices.
- [Phone] With Matter Developer Preview, you can configure and share Matter devices across Matter ecosystems.
- [Phone] Automatic switching of bluetooth audio peripherals between your devices (phones, tablets, laptops).
- [Auto, Phone] Control whether a Cast sender sees the device itself as a Cast destination.
- [Phone] Game Dashboard lets you choose longer battery life or higher performance, block calls and notifications when playing games, access Play Games achievements, and more. Available on select devices running Android T.
google play store
- Improvements to play while downloading to allow players to start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce wait times.
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love.
- Optimizations that allow a faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features for the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Google Play billing improvements.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and security, stability, and accessibility improvements.
- [Phone] Provide the ability to filter data plans available for purchase by various categories received from Carrier.
- [Phone] Improved system update flow to show features included in new Android updates.
- [Phone] Update user experience to Google’s latest material design, rename it “Google Wallet”.
 Available via Google Play system update for July
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Maps-related developer services in their apps.
 Available via Google Play services v22.22 updated 07/28/2022
 Available via Google Play Store v31.1 updated on 07/28/2022.
 Available through Google Play services v22.24 updated on 07/28/2022.
 Available through Google Play services v22.26 updated on 07/28/2022.
 Available through Google Play services v22.30 updated on 07/28/2022.
Last updated on 08/08/2022 / Amazon Product Advertising API Images / Affiliate Links, Thank you for your support![Google Support]
Subscribe to GoogleWatchBlog on Google News | Subscribe to the GoogleWatchBlog newsletter
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.