Image from Unsplash.com
There is so much to look forward to on Netflix on February 1. From romantic movies to usher in valentine’s season to the return of the most loved TV shows, there are enough reasons to keep you glued to your screens for the next month.
In this month of love, Netflix has promised to release one major film each week. Here are our top three shows coming soon on Netflix you cannot afford to miss.
1. Firefly lane
This is a movie adaptation of the popular novel by the same title, written by Kristin Hannah. Sarah Chalke and Katherine Heigl, who play Kate and Tully, meet as young girls and grow into inseparable best friends living in Firefly Lane. This is a story of their remarkable bond as friends spanning over 30 years despite the difficulties life throws their way. This show arrives on Netflix on February 3.
2. Malcolm and Marie
Emmy winner Zendaya teams up with Sam Levinson to create this romantic drama starring John David Washington, who plays Zendaya’s filmmaker boyfriend. This is a movie about a couple reminiscing about their previous romances. With a lot of Oscar buzz around it, this movie hits your screen on February 5.
3. To All the Boys – Always and Forever
The much-awaited third chapter of the To All the Boys Trilogy will be hitting your screen on February 12, just in time to usher in Valentine’s weekend. This third chapter will see Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky live out their senior year in high school marked with iconic moments, including prom and graduation. Will their relationship stand the test of going to different colleges in the future? Tune in to find out.
Other Netflix shows to look out for in February include:
- My dead ex – season 1 (February 1)
- Tiffany Haddish Presents: They Ready: Season 2 (February 2)
- The Sinner: Jamie (February 6)
- Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (February 10)
- I Care A Lot – Netflix Film (February 19)
- The Conjuring 1 and 2 (February 21)
- Ginny & Georgia – A Netflix Original (February 24)
- Caught by a Wave – a Netflix Film (February 26)
Netflix hacks for the best viewing experience
To enjoy all the shows Netflix is offering in February, the below hacks can come in handy.
1. Using a VPN
Netflix has hundreds of great TV shows and movies for streaming, only that you only get to watch what is available in your country. You can skirt through geo-restriction issues by using a VPN to connect to different servers. This will give you access to all movies and TV shows on the Netflix platform regardless of your geographical location.
2. Master the search tool on Netflix
Netflix search is created to offer amazing features to make it easier for you to find your favorite shows. Some of the shortcuts you can use on your search function on Netflix include:
- Type ‘Netflix’ to search for a comprehensive list of Netflix original shows and movies.
- Search using actor names to get a list of all the movies they are in.
- Search by mood to find shows and movies to suit your mood e.g., sad, flirty, romantic, witty, and irreverent.
- Search by genre for a list of all the options available.
3. Lock your phone screen
If you are streaming using your mobile phone, you can lock your screen to prevent pausing or stopping the show when your hand accidentally touches the screen. You can activate this feature by activating the ‘lock’ option at the bottom of the Netflix screen.
4. Using extensions
Google chrome offers an array of extensions you can use to better manage Netflix on your browser. You can use Teleparty to host streaming with friends, Trim to add IMDb rating for all shows, and FindFlix to find all the hidden Netflix codes to access more genres.