1. What do you want to use your laptop for? Commercial or private use?
1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 notebook/convertible?
mainly stationary. I want to use it mainly on the cable in different places around the house (coffee table, dining table, office desk). It’s not a 2 in 1/convertible as far as I’m concerned.
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
Path of Exile, Minecraft, Counterstrike Global Offensive, high detail is desired (preferably no stutter).
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
Ableton Live (Hobby)
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
Preferably 17.3 inches (if necessary, 15.6 inches is also possible)
3. How long should the battery last?
It’s not that big of a deal, a couple of hours would be fine with normal use (browsing/emails).
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Does the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows through college?
Windows 10, no license available, gladly pre-installed.
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
There are no design requests that I am currently aware of. The keys like to be slightly raised, not recessed smoothly, but that’s not that important.
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about? Big hard drive? numeric keyboard? keyboard backlight? pen holder? Docking via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
CD/DVD drive (if necessary, I connect an external one), preferably a large hard drive, SD card reader is also gladly included, but not required.
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
Maximum 1000-1200 euros. No used purchase.
Thanks for the help and advice!
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.