Mainly at school (Word, usually Office, Google, maybe also programming but nothing complex), but sometimes also gaming and video editing on the go
Partially on the go, streaming and YouTube
1.1. Do you want to use primarily mobile or stationary laptop? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 laptop / convertible?
I have a computer at home. It is mainly used, for example, at school, on the train or perhaps on vacation.
1.2. If you want to play: what games? What level of detail?
Story games with medium to high performance requirements and also, for example, cyberpunk. Medium settings in FullHD. For history games 30FPS +, “action games” 60FPS +
1.3. Music / Image / Video Editing or CAD – Which Software? Professional or hobby?
Davinci Resolve and Adobe Creative Cloud programs. 4K videos from a Panasonic Lumix S5. As a hobby for some YouTube videos on the side
2. How big should the screen be? Would you like a touch screen or a particularly high quality of display?
Size between 13-14 “(may be slightly larger)
The touch screen would be practical, but it is not a criterion.
3. How long should the battery last?
A school day for school
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Should the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows from college?
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, quality of workmanship, material, or color?
No plastic pump, no too much color (better black, white or gray)
6. Are there other special requirements that were not consulted? Big hard drive? Numeric keyboard? Keyboard backlight? Pen holder? Docking via USB-C / Thunderbolt 3? CD / DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? Maintenance options? SD card reader?
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is a used purchase an option?
Budget around 2200 CHF or around 2000 euros.
No used purchase