private, gaming, image processing, office, watching movies, virtual machines (VmWare)
1.1. Do you want to use primarily mobile or stationary laptop? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 laptop / convertible?
70% fixed, 30% mobile
1.2. If you want to play: what games? What level of detail?
Anno 1800, Witcher 3, Metro Exouds, Cyberpunk, RDR2, etc. in UHD, or just FullHD (DLSS), detail level as high as possible, around 30+ fps
1.3. Music / Image / Video Editing or CAD – Which Software? Professional or hobby?
Photoshop, Lightroom, VMWare, games, watch movies
2. How big should the screen be? Would you like a touch screen or a particularly high quality of display?
17 inches but I don’t think so with OLED and nothing will be visible in the future hence 15 inches. The OLED panel is essential for me, the touch would be fine, but as far as I know, it does not exist either.
3. How long should the battery last?
5 hours to watch movies, 10 to browse, it would be nice to have
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Should the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows from college?
Win 10 Pro, but it doesn’t have to be included
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, quality of workmanship, material, or color?
Tastefully, slim and narrow frame on the screen, maintenance options, quiet, cool, the egg-laying woolly milk pig
6. Are there other special requirements that were not consulted? Big hard drive? Numeric keyboard? Keyboard backlight? Pen holder? Docking via USB-C / Thunderbolt 3? CD / DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? Maintenance options? SD card reader?
USB C, USB 3.X, Thunderbold interesting, I just don’t know what I need it for. Numeric block, Lan Displayport or HDMI connection (none of them mini) for external monitor with UHD 60Hz, SD card reader for camera would be great, SSD with 1TB is enough, keyboard lighting would be fine. And please, a good and stable WiFi module please!
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is a used purchase an option?
Anything over 2000 hurts, but it is possible. The limit is around 2400 I think.
What I have found so far is that XMG Pro 15 with 15 “Oled UHD, RTX 3070, I7-10870H, 32GB Ram, 1 TB 970 Evo Plus, for a total of 2354 euros
Or that Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED XC with 16 GB, otherwise the same? for 2299 euros
I find the Azure AI interesting, but not the idea that everything goes in the Microsoft cloud.