Garmin is rolling out a new feature update for its own fitness and outdoor smartwatches and GPS-enabled cycling computers. The list of devices receiving the update and therefore new features is long and wide.
In addition to the Fēnix 7 series, the Epix (Gen 2), Tactix 7, Enduro 2, MARQ (Gen 2), Forerunner 255, Forerunner 945 LTE (coming soon), and Forerunner 955 series will also receive the update. In addition, the Edge 1040 bike computer and the Edge Explore 2 series will receive an update in a timely manner.
The new features of Garmin smart watches:
- Running power on the wrist: From now on, running power is determined directly and in real time on the watch on the wrist without additional accessories.
- Morning Report: The morning report provides daily training suggestions, information on HRV status and last night’s sleep, and when paired with a smartphone, the weather. The report can be customized by the user.
- Grade-adapted pace: The pace value calculates a comparable pace on a flat route based on the current grade to better assess your own load.
- NextFork Map Hints – Displays the next trail junction with distance information and trail name on the map page for better orientation.
- Auto Rest Timer – An auto rest timer tracks time spent on the move or at feed stations in ultra races, eliminating the need to manually pause time. When the activity ends, both the pause time and the moving time can be analyzed.
- Splitboard app: In the pre-installed Splitboard app, you can, just like the ski touring app, choose between ascent and descent and display the specific metrics for the respective mode. Snowboarders can also keep an eye on their rides. This update will also be offered for the first generation MARQ and the Fēnix 6 series.
- Disc golf: With this activity profile it is possible to record disc golf activities. With the UDisc Connect IQ app, there’s the ability to track score and monitor distance to the basket on over 14,000 disc golf courses.
The update for Edge 1040 series and Edge Explore 2 GPS cycling computers includes:
- Competition Calendar: A competition calendar can be viewed in the Edge 1040 series overview. With Garmin Connect, the calendar can be maintained and events can be added or deleted. If an event is set as the main competition, the cycle computer provides personalized training suggestions.
- Live Event Sharing: Live Event Sharing automatically sends text messages to friends and family with information about the activity. The feature, previously known from wearables, is only available on Android phones.
- Viewer Messages – If you want your family and friends to cheer you on, you can receive text and voice messages on Edge using the LiveTrack feature.
- Avoid busy roads: This feature can be used to avoid busy roads during your route. Alternatively, busy roads can be shown to avoid them.
- Tide and Marine Apps: The new tide graph shows high and low tides. The new sailing, racing and anchoring apps, on the other hand, should help when you’re out on the water in a boat.
Free software updates will be available on supported devices starting immediately, with more updates coming soon. Smartwatches or cycling computers can be updated by turning on automatic updates on the device or using the Garmin Express software.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.
Does Cloud Gaming Have a Bright Future? Google and Microsoft´s Latest Moves
Top Games Inc. Enjoys a Record Start to 2023
6 Benefits of Playing the Bitcoin Dice Game