Credit score: Hadlee Simons / Android Authority
- Warner Media announced now that it is sunsetting HBO Go and making other adjustments to HBO Now and HBO Max.
- All the HBO monikers can sometimes be confusing, but this will ideally simplify items.
- Heading forward, there will just be HBO and HBO Max.
The delicate distinctions concerning HBO Go, HBO Now, and HBO Max make things very confusing. In point, we required to make a whole explainer article similar to the streaming platforms. Now, HBO’s guardian enterprise Warner Media has announced it’s heading to at the very least try to make points more simple (through TechCrunch).
According to Warner Media’s assertion, the corporation will start off to sunset HBO Go before long with the target of removing the app from its a variety of platforms by July 31, 2020. Shoppers who use HBO Go will move to HBO Max instead. Meanwhile, HBO Now will be rebranded to just HBO.
You adhere to all that?
Relevant: Upcoming HBO displays that could conquer Activity of Thrones
HBO Go, HBO Now, and HBO Max: What’s changing?
To make issues less complicated, we’re heading to split down exactly what this means. We’re just heading to use basic bullet details as that will possible be much less perplexing than writing a paragraph with 4 distinct HBO references jumbled up in it.
- HBO Go is the application you use if you subscribe to HBO through your cable or net service provider. This application is likely absent by July 31.
- When the HBO Go application vanishes, any one who used that app will now use HBO Max with no added demand.
- HBO Max is the new support from Warner Media that includes the typical HBO content with a complete bunch of other further content material. This application will continue to be unchanged.
- If you use HBO Now, the application-only services that doesn’t tie to a cable membership, these apps will get rebranded to just HBO.
In the announcement, Warner Media helps make a not-so-refined press for HBO Max currently being the much better possibility for all those with an HBO Now membership. It would not surprise us if at some point in the long term the firm pushes HBO Now subs to HBO Max. Our guess is it would offer you an introductory price cut supply of some type to entice folks to depart before shutting the full matter down. Then it would only have HBO Max, with HBO Go and HBO Now fully eliminated.
For now, however, all you need to have to know is that if you use HBO Go you are going to before long be making use of HBO Max, and if you use HBO Now you’ll shortly be working with just HBO.