1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 notebook/convertible?
…stationary home alone
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
…mainly world of warcraft
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
… not just games
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
…definitely 17.3 inches
3. How long should the battery last?
…never mind the normal stop to play
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Does the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows through college?
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
…no RGB keyboard only
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about? Big hard drive? numeric keyboard? keyboard backlight? pen holder? Docking via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
…up to 1200
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.