Microsoft released a new optional update for Windows 11 22H2 at midnight. KB 5021304 increases the version number to 22621.1037 or 22623.1037. The update itself is provided in the beta channel. As always, the fixes are divided into two parts.
It’s also the last update for this year and brings some improvements to voice control on the 22623. Now you can say “Click 5” in the Calculator app. Or new language commands have been added for Excel and other functions. More on that in the release notes.
- Search in the taskbar You may experience issues where the search box on the taskbar does not render correctly and visual artifacts appear.
- Task Manager
- Filtering by publisher name is not displayed correctly on the Processes page.
- Some services may not appear on the Services page after filtering is applied.
- If a new process is started while a filter is being set, that process may appear in the filtered list for a fraction of a second.
- Some dialogs may not appear in the correct theme when applied from the Settings page of Task Manager.
- The data content area of the Processes page may flash once when changes are made to the theme in the Settings page of Task Manager.
- The Startup Apps page in Task Manager doesn’t show any apps for some Insiders. If you are affected, use Settings > Apps > Home for now.
Changes in 22621.1037 and 22623.1037
- Search in the taskbar In this build, we continue to test different ways of how search looks on the taskbar. We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this, so let us know what you think when you see the different treatments on your PC via the Feedback Hub. Internal users who have this experience have the option to change how taskbar search is handled in settings at Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar Items.
Corrections in 22623.1037
- taskbar and system tray
- The quick settings icons on the taskbar have been updated so that when you focus on one of the icons, it no longer contains the words “System Status” and instead just says what the icon is (for example, instead of ” System Volume Status” just “Volume”).
- Fixed some other explorer.exe crashes related to recent taskbar changes.
- Task Manager We fixed an issue that caused Task Manager to become unresponsive when using the search box at the top of Task Manager.
- Perhaps interesting: the settings for the search in the taskbar can be activated.
Corrections in 22621.1037 and 22623.1037
- We have fixed a known issue that may have affected Task Manager. Certain user interface (UI) elements may have been displayed in unexpected colors. Some parts of the user interface may have been unreadable. This issue could occur if you had set the “Choose your mode” option to “Custom” in the Personalization > Colors section of settings.
- We have fixed an issue that may have affected the decryption of the DPAPI (Data Protection Application Programming Interface). Decryption of a certificate’s private key might fail. Because of this, virtual private networks (VPNs) and other 802.1 certificate-based authentication could fail. This issue can occur if you have encrypted the DPAPI master key with an incorrect value.
Manual download of KB5021304
Windows 11 Help and Tutorials
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.