At the moment I have a PC on which it is also quite possible to play and work, but I would like to be a little more mobile. If my current PC data matters: Win 10, AMD FX 8300 Eight Core Processor, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
1. What do you want to use your laptop for? Commercial or private use?
Particularly to play but mainly to work. I am a 3D artist so I need a lot of power and a good fan because the laptop will sweat a lot. For those who know, I used programs like Unity, Blender, etc.
1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 notebook/convertible?
Rather stationary. I would like to put it in a backpack and take it with me, but not every day.
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
Pretty simple games like CSGO.
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
The laptop is used professionally for my work as mentioned above and needs to have a lot of power. Mainly for 3D and game engines.
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
I don’t need a touch screen. The screen should be large enough that you can work and play on it without glasses.
3. How long should the battery last?
It is not very important, since I can charge it without problems and, above all, I work where there is an outlet.
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Does the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows through college?
The latest Windows, but you can buy it cheaply in an emergency.
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
Something sturdy and modern. It can also be seen as a gaming laptop and not an office laptop. But design is not very important to me.
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about? Big hard drive? numeric keyboard? keyboard backlight? pen holder? Docking via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
USB ports for mouse and headset are important. An SSD hard drive would be great and plenty of storage
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
It is possible to buy used equipment, but so far I have only had bad experiences with used technology. I have no idea exactly how much powered laptops cost, but I wanted to spend $500-$900.
If you have more questions, please write. Thanks to everyone who responds!
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.