- Last month, Microsoft officially added important features to Game Pass, a Netflix-style subscription library for Xbox games. This is the ability to stream many of the included games to your Android smartphone or tablet.
- In particular, Apple’s iPhone and iPad were not included in the launch. Apple said that Apps for streaming services such as Game Pass and Google Stadia are not allowed This is because it is not possible to review each game on the platform.
- “We’ll definitely get to iOS with a game pass,” Microsoft game boss Phil Spencer told employees. According to Spencer, the company is targeting 2021 for the possibility of releasing a “direct browser-based solution.”
- Amazon says it can Introducing future cloud gaming service Luna to iPhone By providing it as a web app.
- Microsoft did not comment at the time of publication.
- AAre you a Microsoft employee?Contact this reporter via the encrypted messaging app Signal (+ 1-425-344-)8242) or email ([email protected]).
- For more articles, visit the Business Insider home page..
Microsoft game boss Phil Spencer said at a full-scale meeting on Wednesday that he plans to bring GamePass to Apple’s iPhone and iPad with the possibility of releasing a “direct browser-based solution” to employees in 2021. Told.
“We’ll definitely end up on iOS,” Spencer told employees, according to two people who knew his comments directly. Microsoft did not comment at the time of publication. Apple has not yet responded to the request for comment.
Last month, Microsoft added important new features to the game path. It’s a Netflix-style subscription service that gives Xbox and PC gamers access to a vast game catalog. Game Pass subscribers can now stream many of the included titles directly to Android phones and tablets without the need for a console.
Notable for its lack when this feature was released was support for Apple’s iPhone and iPad. An Apple spokeswoman told Business Insider this summer: Game streaming on apps such as Game Pass is not allowed Or because Google’s Stadia can’t see each game in each library of the service.
Spencer, who He publicly states that he is determined to offer game passes to Apple usersThe company told employees that it is considering accessing iPhone and iPad devices via a browser.
Late Thursday Verge at the same meeting, Spencer said that streaming with GamePass will continue to be introduced on Windows 10 PCs next year.
Tips on what it looks like come from Amazon. Introducing future cloud gaming service Luna to iPhone By providing it as a web app. In an interview with Engadget Luna Engineering and Technology Head George Tsipolitis Amazon said it worked with Apple to enable that feature. Google, on the other hand, has made similar Stadia services available on PCs and Macs via the Chrome web browser, but not on iPhones and iPads.
Apple has shown that Game Pass or Stadia can offer game streaming services only if the individual titles in the catalog are available in their own apps.
Microsoft has shown that this approach is not a beginner to the Game Pass with dozens of games available. “Unfortunately, there is no way to bring a vision of cloud gaming using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to iOS gamers via Apple. App Store,” a Microsoft spokeswoman said in August.
Apple’s decision not to allow services similar to GamePass on iOS was talked about during an investigation by Congress’s Antitrust Subcommittee on potential anti-competitive practices by big tech companies, including Apple.
Former Apple App Store director Phil Shoemaker said in a report released this week by the subcommittee. Apple claimed that services like the Game Pass are in direct competition and are not allowed Use Apple Arcade, Apple’s own subscription service.
This week, Apple announced an event scheduled for October 13. Where to announce the next iPhone..
Do you have any hints? Contact reporter Ashley Stewart via the encrypted messaging app Signal (+ 1-425-344-8242) or email ([email protected]).