Peripherals like mouse and keyboard can’t be operated either, and no matter how long you leave the PC on, nothing happens.
But as soon as I press the reset button, the PC boots normally and can also be used normally.
Since I don’t have any advice anymore, I’m hoping someone here can help me, as it bothers me quite a bit.
I can’t explain where the problem is coming from because I haven’t changed anything in the system.
The only thing I had done before the problem started was a windows update and then I shut down the PC normally.
Then the next day this problem occurred, but I don’t imagine that’s why, since the PC isn’t doing anything before the OS.
Also, I use Linux Mint as my main operating system and only use Windows to play games.
Here is an overview of all the hardware:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
- MB: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
- RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Silver (3600MHZ)
- OS: Linux Mint (latest version) / Windows 10 Pro (latest version) [Dual Boot]
- GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SUPRIM X LHR
- Power Supply: Corsair RM 750x White Edition
- HD/SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB (for OS), Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB (for software and games), WD Blue 4 TB (data and backup)
What I have already tried:
- BIOS update to the latest version
- BIOS reset (clear CMOS)
- RAM individually as other RAM
- Graphics card swapped for Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition
- Hardware tested on another PC (fully functional)
- BIOS setup is mostly auto because I don’t need an OC
- XMP profile changed or turned off
- All connections verified and CPU installed/removed and new WLP applied
The PC worked without problems before said shutdown, the 8PIN socket on the MB was not forgotten and, as I said, nothing was changed.
Also, the PC works normally after reboot and the LED also turns off.
I would be very grateful if someone here could help me.
If you have any further questions, I am of course available.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.