Sony has announced that starting tomorrow, September 15, the new PS5 firmware update will be available. Here are all the news that the update will present:
The update includes a number of optimizations for the PS5 console experience and 3D audio support for the integrated TV speakers. Also included is M.2 SSD storage expansion, allowing PS5 gamers to play and store PS5 and PS4 titles and multimedia applications directly to high-speed extended storage.
We’re also expanding mobile capabilities with support for PS Remote Play on mobile networks starting tomorrow, as well as the ability to view streams on the Share screen in the PS app starting Thursday, September 23.
Features of the September PS5 system software update
PS5 user experience optimizations
The September PS5 update includes new user experience improvements that make it easier than ever to view, customize, and manage game content and console experience:
- Control Center customization. Players can now customize their Control Center more freely by rearranging or choosing which controls to hide or show at the bottom of the screen.
- Improved game base. Players can now view and write messages to friends and groups directly from Game Base in the Control Center.
With Game Base in full screen, players can also see how many friends are online, busy, or offline, and they can accept, decline, or cancel multiple friend requests at the same time.
- Game library and home screen updates. If you have installed the PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game, they will appear separately in the ‘Installed’ tab of the Game Library and on the home screen. Additionally, the tile for each game now clearly indicates its platform.
- Screen reader controls. Players can now pause or resume the screen reader (by pressing the “PS + Triangle” buttons) and have any read content repeated (by pressing the “PS + R1” buttons).
New customizations for the gaming and social experience.
- PlayStation Now connection verification and resolution selection tool. PlayStation Now subscribers can choose between 720p or 1080p (depending on the individual game) to tailor the video resolution of the game stream to suit their needs. A streaming connection test also helps you identify and resolve any connection issues.
- Recognition of a new type: “Leader”. After an online game, players can assign a fourth type of recognition to others, that of “leader”, which will be visible on their profile.
- Automatic capture of “personal best brands” videos. When players compete for a best time or score and a new personal best, a video clip of the action is automatically recorded. Players can also share clips from their personal best marks directly from the Challenge Card in the Control Center or from the Media Gallery. Players directly control this functionality through capture and broadcast settings.
- New trophy tracker. We have added a new trophy tracker that allows players to quickly access up to five trophies per game through the Control Center.
3D audio support for built-in TV speakers
The September update for PS5 allows gamers to experience 3D audio through the integrated TV speakers. Once activated in the Audio menu, this feature transforms the standard audio from two-channel TV speakers into three-dimensional audio, increasing the immersion in the game. * Players can measure room acoustics using the wireless controller’s DualSense microphone and apply 3D sound settings optimized for the room they are in. **
3D audio through compatible headphones on PS5 is a feature highly valued by fans and developers. We are delighted to offer gamers this functionality directly through the integrated TV speakers, as well as the headphone support available from launch.
Additionally, players equipped with Pulse 3D wireless headphones with mic now have access to EQ settings in the audio controls, so they can customize the acoustic profile to their preferences.
M.2 SSD storage expansion
Starting tomorrow, PS5 gamers around the world will be able to expand their storage capacity with an M.2 SSD, a type of high-speed solid-state drive that can be installed on PS5 or PS5 digital edition consoles.
Once installed on the PS5 or PS5 digital edition consoles, the M.2 SSD storage can be used to download, copy and launch PS5 and PS4 games as well as multimedia applications. You can play PS5 and PS4 titles directly from M.2 SSD storage memory and transfer games freely between storage options.
Here’s how to install an M.2 SSD on your PS5 console:
Improvements to the PS Remote Play app and the PS app
- PS Remote Play application su ret mobili
- With the app PS remote play, gamers can remotely stream and play PS4 and PS5 titles, switch between games, and navigate their console menus on any compatible device connected to their broadband network. *** Players using the iOS and Android mobile app can use a mobile data connection when WiFi is not available.
- For PS Remote Play, a broadband Internet connection of at least 5 Mbps is required. For the best experience, a high-speed connection is recommended, with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- To manage the amount of data used over a mobile connection, players can choose their preferred video quality for mobile data transmission.
- The quality and connectivity of the Remote Play experience may vary depending on the mobile operator’s network and network environment.
- View broadcasts in Screen Share in the PS app
- Starting Thursday, September 23, a worldwide PS app update will be available that will allow users to view their friends’ broadcasts on Share Screen.
- To get started, join a group voice chat from your mobile device with a friend who is playing on a PS5 console. Then ask your friend on PS5 to start streaming on Screen Share. Please note that only PS5 players can submit content via Screen Share.
- The Android version of the update is a staged version. It may take a week for the update to be available on your mobile device.
PS4 console optimizations
We’re also introducing some new features for PS4, including the ability for players to view PS5 trophies on their PS4 profile and in the trophy list. Players can also view other players’ PS5 trophies on PS4. On the PS4 and PS5 consoles, Party administrators can now disband a Party without having to remove players individually.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.