(You’re welcome actually list here and do not refer to the signature, as some hardware changes do not see it)
- Processor (CPU): AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (2x F4-3200C14D-16GTZR) according to ASUS QVL list for my motherboard, this RAM is also supported
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
- Power supply: 850 Watt Seasonic PRIME 80+ Platinum
- Housing: Phanteks P600S
- Graphics card: ASUS Strix 3080 Ti OC
- HDD / SSD:
- Boot Drive: WD Black Gen 4.0 M.2 1TB
- Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500GB
- Crucial MX500 2TB SATA
- Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
- Seagate ST4000DX001
- Other hardware obviously related to the problem (monitor model, cooling, etc.):
- Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360
2. Describe your problem. The more precisely and better you describe your problem, the better you can get help (for example, additional images might be helpful):
The RAM was purchased from Alternate in May 2018 and has so far worked perfectly on an EVGA X299 DARK with i9-7920X. Only selected in Intel system XMP profile and only DOCP profile selected in new AMD system.
I ran Memtest86 and found no errors with the RAM.
This is now the second motherboard, because at first I suspected that the motherboard was faulty, so it was replaced. The first board had BIOS version 4005 (I had flashed it) and the currently installed board had version 3604 (this is how it was delivered).
I mounted the system on Aug 7, 2021 and it worked without a hitch. A few days later the problems started, which I now have with the replaced plate.
It manifests itself in the fact that my HDD (Seagate 4TB) is suddenly no longer visible in Windows Explorer. Interestingly, it still shows me in Device Manager with the status “This device is working properly”. … If I look in Disk Management I get a request to initialize the disk.
The disk is also no longer recognized in CrystalDiskInfo. But before that, the condition of all my SSDs and one HDD is good to very good.
What I find strange is that this happens on the fly. But now comes the really weird thing … I reboot the PC, it won’t boot and then the motherboard ERROR code 0D and the DRAM LED turn yellow / orange. Unable to access BIOS / UEFI.
So the PC de-energized and all the RAM bars were removed (they are all very hot). Then I just have to insert the bolts in pairs and swap them for the PC to boot. When I’m done, I can insert the remaining two RAM bars and it all starts as usual and I have a few days off until I start the exact same thing again.
3. What steps have you already taken / tried to solve the problem and what did it bring?
The motherboard was changed, two different BIOS versions were used. RAM fully tested with Memtest86 (no errors displayed). When changing the motherboard, wiring, etc. everything was renewed. CPU temperatures are in the green area.
I’m a bit lost and little by little I don’t know what to do next. Is this a known issue with this particular ASUS board or with all ASUS X570 boards? I had already seen the video about the TUF Gaming X570-Plus from the Igor, but my mistake is different.
The graphics card had previously worked on the Intel system and it worked without a problem.
Hope you can help me or point me in the right direction.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.