A new chip that contains the best technologies to equip the next samsung s22 of a power never seen before: this is the challenge of Samsung, who finally removed the veils ofExynos 2200, successor ofExynos 2100 released a year ago.
The new SoC of the Korean company is built with the new processor to 4 nanometer EUV (Extreme UV) to offer better energy efficiency.
CPU is a tri-cluster octa-core: to Bark X2 (optimized for maximum performance), Tre Cortex A710 (for the purposes of balanced processing) and four Cortex A510 (for better efficiency). All this accompanied by the new Samsung GPU: the xclipse 920, built with architecture RDNA 2 and which promises brilliant performance in the field of gaming.
This matchmaking, according to the Korean company, will indeed revolutionize mobile gaming, especially since the technology will also be available. “Ray Tracing”. The latter will simulate the movement of light in the real world and therefore games will have much more realistic images.
The GPU will also support the technology. RSV (Variable Rate Shading), which will have the function of optimizing the load times of the GPU. Finally, according to Samsung, the performance of the Exynos 2200 NPUs have been doubled compared to the predecessor (It also offers better accuracy thanks to support for FP16 and INT8 and low-power INT16.)
This novelty – together with the redesign of the ISP (Image Signal Processor) architecture – allows the next Samsung device to be able to support the latest photographic sensors, including those with 200 MP resolution.
The Exynos 2200, in addition to the iSE (Integrated Secure Element) – can also have a modem 3GPP version 16 for 5G, which will support waves below 6GHz and millimeters. The speed that can be reached on 4G LTE or 5G NR lines, on the other hand, reaches up to 10Gbps.
- Based on 4 nanometer (nm) EUV process technology
- Octa-core CPU with 1 ARM Cortex-X2 CPU, 3 ARM A710 and 4 ARM A510 2.2 GHz
- Samsung Xclipse 920 GPU, AMD RDNA 2, Hardware Accelerated Ray Tracing (RT) and Variable Rate Shading (VRS)
- NPU + DSP
- UFS 3.1 RAM, LPDDR5
- Embedded Secure Element (iSE), Inline Encryption HW for UFS and DRAM
- Rear Single Camera up to 200MP, Dual Camera 64MP+ 32MP
- 8K 60fps playback, HEVC 10-bit (H.265), 30fps with
VP9 10-bit, AV1 Encoding up to 8K: 30fps with HEVC 10-bit (H.265), VP9
- Display up to 4K/WQUXGA at 120Hz refresh rate, QHD+ at 144Hz refresh rate
- 5G NR Sub-6GHz 5.1Gbps (DL) / 2.55Gbps (UL), 5G NR mmWave 7.35Gbps (DL) / 3.67Gbps (UL), LTE Cat.24 8CA 3Gbps (DL) / Cat.22 4CA 422Mbps (UL)
- Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.