Stardew Valley creator Eric “ConcernedApe” Barone announced today that he’s collaborating with Fangamer on a boxed collector’s edition of the game, and it looks sweet.
I’m really pleased to announce a physical version of Stardew Valley for Switch & PC! This is in collaboration with @Fangamer and there is both a standard edition and a collector’s edition w/ bonus goodies. Pre-orders are now available: https://t.co/u0Cp2PAyms pic.twitter.com/VbqK7KoylhJuly 30, 2020
The Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition includes, in Fangamer’s words:
- Deluxe six-piece wooden standee made from responsibly sourced birch and cherry wood (measures 4.5 x 4 x 4 inches; some assembly required).
- Wooden lapel pin made from the same eco-friendly wood as the standee
- 14-page Junimo comic by Chihiro Sakaida, the artist of the Before the Farmer comic
- Deed to your farm featuring gold-foil details on paper made from 30% recycled straw (a byproduct of actual farming!)
- Collector’s Edition box made from sturdy, high-quality materials featuring artwork by Kari Fry, the artist behind the Stardew Valley Guidebook
- Physical copy of the game on your choice of platform with 18-page, full-color illustrated instruction manual and double-sided cover with Joja theme on the inside (the PC edition includes a DRM-free copy of Stardew Valley 1.4 on disc, as well as a Steam key)
- Soft polyester-nylon blend cleaning cloth designed by Chihiro Sakaida
The whole thing comes in a box that I assume must be pretty hefty, and if you preorder by August 15 you’ll also get a bonus 10×16 poster.
The PC collector’s edition goes for $64, which seems very reasonable to me, and I still go for boxed editions of games whenever I can so I know a thing or two about this stuff. The shipping is a little steep—it costs another $25 to get it to Canada via FedEx International Priority—but Fangamer explained on Twitter that because of a recent renegotiation of international postal agreements, the old “economy” shipping option became more expensive than FedEx to most countries. It’s working on a cheaper option, but there’s nothing ready to go just yet.
If you dig the idea of Stardew Valley in a box but the CE price tag is a little too high, a standard edition in a conventional DVD case is also available, for $29 plus shipping. Either way, take note that this is a preorder, and that the boxes won’t actually ship until November 6—just in time for the holidays.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.
Does Cloud Gaming Have a Bright Future? Google and Microsoft´s Latest Moves
Top Games Inc. Enjoys a Record Start to 2023
6 Benefits of Playing the Bitcoin Dice Game