Good Shepherd Entertainment and Ice Code Game today introduced Hard West 2, the long-awaited sequel to the 2015 turn-based strategy game set in the American Wild West and enjoyed by over half a million players.
Hard West 2 aims to set new standards in all aspects, as explained by those responsible in the official announcement. Introducing the unique new Bravado state that offers a more aggressive approach to combat and many other new features. The game’s extensive, character-driven story is brought to life by voice actors Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series), Darien Sills-Evans (Days Gone, League of Legends), and Adam Gifford (The Colony, Batman: Hush). The music is by BAFTA Award winner Jason Graves (Dead Space, Tomb Raider) and the story is co-written by Origins Award winner and New York Times bestselling author Matt Forbeck (Deadlands).
Hard West 2 Reveal Trailer
Hard West 2 offers a classic western world with a supernatural twist, as legends tell of a proverbial, elusive ghost train designed to offer a bounty for gold. But when con artist Gin Carter ambushes the transport, he discovers that this “ghost train” lives up to his name! Now Gin must lead a group of strange outlaws and hunt the devil across a land ravaged by darkness, fighting against living and undead forces.
Features at a glance
- SHOW YOUR BRAVADO: Rack up kills recklessly to trigger the new Bravado status and recharge your action points. Leap from cover, go on the offensive, and chain kills in style to extend your streak as you brazenly take out anyone or anything in your path.
- SUPER STRONG TROOP: Discover mysterious playing cards to improve the crew’s poker hands, and equip them with more powerful weapons, explosives, trinkets, or just a hearty meal of beans and whiskey to keep them in tip-top shape.
- UNNATURAL LEADER: Whether you like it or not, the responsibility for your growing troop of gunslingers, teleporting witches, and other mysterious beings rests in your hands. But be careful who you listen to and what you ask of them. Correct choices result in more loyalty points and new abilities for those closest to you, but poor choices will test their dedication to you and your quest.
- CHANGING WEAPONS ON THE MOVE: The turn-based battles in hard west 2 it will take place in dynamically changing environments and will keep your brain engaged as much as your shooting skills. Let your western fantasy run wild, from horseback chases to thrilling train robberies as you push your strategic skills to the limit.
- THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UNKNOWN: Wild West folk tales collide with the darkness of the occult in a ruthless land where demons outnumber bullets.
- CONQUER THE DARK BORDERS: Explore the vastness of the Wild West in a desperate fight for your soul. Find out more about your squad as you traverse the land, from snowy landscapes to frontier towns struggling to survive in an unforgiving world. Make brutal decisions and learn to live with the horrible consequences.
Hard West 2 is expected to release later this year for PC. To learn more about the game and sign up for the closed beta (which runs from today until April 7, 2022), simply visit www.hardwestgame.es.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.
Does Cloud Gaming Have a Bright Future? Google and Microsoft´s Latest Moves
Top Games Inc. Enjoys a Record Start to 2023
6 Benefits of Playing the Bitcoin Dice Game