If you want to download the subtitles of a YouTube video directly online, there are two ways to do it. If you just need the plain text of the subtitles, you can copy it directly from YouTube. And if you want to save the subtitles as an .srt file, for example, it’s best to use an external website. You can find out how they both work in this tip.
If you only want to use the plain text of a video’s subtitles, you can also copy them directly from the YouTube website.
If you want to quickly and easily download the subtitles of a YouTube video as a subtitle file, the website is ideal for this. vidpaw in. There are a number of other websites that offer a similar feature – just watch where you click with all those offers. Unfortunately, some of these websites are supported by partially dubious advertising, which means you may become a victim of phishing or malware. Don’t worry: downloaded subtitle files are generally safe to use.
- Open the YouTube video in your browser. Below that, click the Three points and select “See transcript“.
- Tick the full transcript to the right of the video. Then copy it with [Strg] + [C].
- Add the text finally [Strg] + [V] in a word processing program of your choice.
- Go to the website in your browser vidpaw and add directly to the home page youtube link of the video you want to download the subtitles for.
- If necessary, enter the link again if the website takes too long to load.
- Choose whether to download auto-generated subtitles or subtitles uploaded by the video maker by clicking ” next to the desired option.Plusclick. Next to the language you want, click “Discharge“.
- Open the SRT-file with Notepad or another text program. You will now see the subtitles for the respective time segments of the YouTube video.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.