A Wi-Fi password is the best defense against people stealing your network and exploiting your bandwidth, and keeping the default password makes it easy for people to log in, so you should create a new strong password when you start use the network.
And keep in mind that every “router” is different, this means the exact process of creating a password for Wi-Fi will be different for every user, but most routers work similar in general, so here are a detailed guide to help you. in your device settings, according to “Business Insider.”
These are the basic steps:
1. To find your router’s settings, you will need the IP address. You can usually find the IP address in the instruction manual or printed on the router.
2. Go to your computer or phone, open your web browser, enter the IP address in your browser as you would any other website, and access it.
3. You will likely be presented with a page showing basic information for your router, as well as a link to log in.
4. Each router comes with a default username (“admin” is the most common) and sometimes a password such as “1234” or “admin”. You should be able to find this information on the manufacturer’s website or in the directory, Sometimes the password and username are printed on a sticker pasted on the router itself, which will be enough to access the configuration page.
5. Each control panel is different, but look for the “Settings” or “Wireless” tab or menu.
6. To change your password, you may need to enter the default Wi-Fi name (also called “SSID”) and password (or “key”), then your new name and password.
And they should not be like other passwords, they should be personal and difficult to guess, for example: if you have a choice between “WPA” types, please choose “WPA2” or “WPA2-PSK” as they are the stronger forms Internet security available. If asked about encryption, choose “AES”.
7. Your router will reboot for a short period of time, after which everything should be in good condition and any devices that are already connected will power on as you will need to enter the new password each time.