There is a new final version of 7-Zip 22.00. Some improvements, options and also fixes have been made here. Some of these are sure to please the Linux users among you.
- 7-Zip can now extract APFS (Apple File System) images that can be used in DMG files.
- 7-Zip can now create TAR archives in POSIX (pax) tar format using the switches
-ttar -mm=pax oder -ttar -mm=posix
- 7-Zip can now store additional file timestamps with high precision (1 ns on Linux) in tar/pax archives with the following switches:
-ttar -mm=pax -mtp=3 -mtc -mta
- New switches for Linux version for TAR archives:
-snoi: Stores the owner/group IDs in the archive or places the owner/group IDs of the archive in the extracted files.
-snon: store owner/group names in the file
- new switch
-snzto propagate the Zone.Identifier stream to the extracted files (Windows).
- New option “Propagate Zone.Id Stream” in the Tools/Options/7-Zip menu.
- The new “Options” window under “Add to archive” allows you to select the metadata to be included in the archive. It also allows you to select the new option “Do not change the time of last access to source files”.
- Fixed some bugs.
Information and Download:
Thanks to Knarf for the tip.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.