Over the course of the night, Apple released iPadOS 15.1 for iPad Air 2 and newer, as well as iOS 15.1 for iPhone 6s and newer. The update to iOS 15.1 adds SharePlay, a completely new way to share FaceTime experiences with family and friends. This version also offers the ability to record ProRes videos for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, as well as verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet and other features and bug fixes for your iPhone. This update also contains critical security updates and is recommended for all users. Details on security holes closed with iOS 15.1 for iPhone and iPadOS 15.1 for iPad can be found below. here. The update is compatible with iPhone 6s and later and is available both wirelessly and for download and later synchronization through iTunes and Finder. You can find more information below or on Apple.
Download -> Download iOS 15.1 for iPhone and iPod touch
The update to iOS 15.1 can now be downloaded both wirelessly and via iTunes:
Download -> iOS 15.1 Download Links for iPhone [19B74]
Here are the links for the manual download of iOS 15.1 for iPhone:
iPhone 6s -> iPhone_4.7_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 6s + -> iPhone_5.5_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone SE 1st generation -> iPhone_4.0_64bit_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPod touch 7th generation -> iPodtouch_7_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 7 and 8 -> iPhone_4.7_P3_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 7+ and 8+ -> iPhone_5.5_P3_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone SE 2nd generation -> iPhone12,8_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone X -> iPhone10,3, iPhone10,6_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 11 and Xr -> iPhone11,8, iPhone12,1_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone Xs, Xs Max, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max -> iPhone11,2, iPhone11,4, iPhone11,6, iPhone12,3, iPhone12,5_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 12 Mini -> iPhone13,1_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 12 Pro Max -> iPhone13,4_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 12 and 12 Pro -> iPhone13,2, iPhone13,3_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 13 -> iPhone14,5_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 13 Mini -> iPhone14,4_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 13 Pro -> iPhone14,2_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 13 Pro Max -> iPhone14,3_15.1_19B74_Restore.ipsw
iOS 15.1 for iPhone and iPod touch -> What’s new?
This update brings the following new features: iOS 15.1 adds SharePlay, a completely new way to share FaceTime experiences with family and friends. This version also offers the ability to record ProRes videos for iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max, as well as verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet and other features and bug fixes for your iPhone.
- SharePlay is a new way to share synced FaceTime experiences with content from the Apple TV app, Apple Music, Fitness +, and other compatible apps from the App Store.
- Common controls give everyone the ability to pause, play, rewind, or fast-forward.
- The smart volume control automatically lowers the volume of a movie, TV show or song when your friends are talking.
- Apple TV supports the option to view the shared video on the big screen while continuing the FaceTime conversation on the iPad.
- Screen sharing allows everyone on a FaceTime call to view photos, surf the web, or help each other.
- ProRes video recording with iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- Setting to disable automatic camera switching when taking macro photos and videos on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max.
- The COVID-19 vaccination card holder allows verifiable vaccination data to be added and presented in Apple Wallet.
- Support for Mandarin Chinese (Taiwan) in the translation app and for system-wide translation.
- New automation triggers based on current readings from a HomeKit-enabled humidity, air quality, or light level sensor.
- New preset actions let you overlay text on images or gifs, and a new collection of games lets Siri pass the time.
This release also fixes the following issues:
- The Photos app may incorrectly report memory full when importing photos and videos.
- The Weather app may not display the current My Location temperature and may not display the colors of animated backgrounds correctly.
- Audio playback of an application may be interrupted when the screen is locked.
- The wallet may unexpectedly close when using VoiceOver with multiple passes.
- Available Wi-Fi networks may not be recognized.
- Battery algorithms on iPhone 12 models have been updated to better estimate battery capacity over time.
Information on the security aspects of this update is available here available.
iOS 15 for iPhone is compatible with the following devices
Here you can check if your iPhone is compatible with iOS 15: The update to iOS 15 is with iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max , iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, compatible with iPhone SE 2020 and iPod touch 7 generation.
iOS 15, iPadOS 15, tvOS 15 and watchOS 8 ›Similar posts
iOS 15.1 is now available as a software update for iPhone 6s and later.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.