Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Raylight Games announce the HD remastering of Commandos 3, a true pioneer of strategy game history, through a press release. Players can sneak onto the battlefields of WWII Europe in the long-awaited HD remaster of the third installment of the classic real-time tactical series.
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster will be released in September 2022 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Nintendo Switch and will be available with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass from day one, according to Wednesday’s announcement.
It gets better in the remaster
Thanks to improved controls and a revised user interface, Commandos 3 – HD Remaster players will lead their special forces deep behind enemy lines to lead the Allies to victory. Revamped 3D models and textures await you on relentless missions in the deadly trenches of Stalingrad, the fanatic heartland of the Third Reich in Berlin, and D-Day in Normandy.
Kalypso Media is also pleased to announce that a Commandos Double Pack containing Commandos 3 – HD Remaster and Commandos 2 – HD Remaster will be available at retail stores. Players can enjoy both remastered editions of the genre-defining series in this exciting Commandos double pack. The double pack will be available online and at retail later this year.
Commandos 3 – HD Remaster | announcement trailer
Features at a glance
- HD review: Commandos 3 – HD Remaster features rebuilt 3D models and textures from the ground up, improved controls, an updated user interface, and tutorials and gameplay guides for beginners.
- Six daring elite units await orders: The six special units under the command of the players (Green Beret, Engineer, Sniper, Diver, Spy and Thief) are absolute experts in their respective fields and must be used tactically wisely.
- Iconic WWII Campaigns: Starting with boot camp includes Commandos 3 – HD Remaster twelve challenging missions in three key locations, including Stalingrad, Berlin, and Normandy.
- Story-driven and action-driven missions: Players lead an elite team of Commandos in an immersive story featuring fast-paced gameplay and detailed maps.
- Join multiplayer game: Two to eight players compete against each other with individual victory conditions, in “Deathmatch” or “Collect the Flag” mode.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.