If you want to connect a Samsung device to your PC, there are several options. The most common approach is to use a USB cable, but there are a number of wireless solutions that work just as well and often offer a faster connection. Most smartphones come with a USB charging cable, with the charger plugged into the USB end of the cable. If you unplug the USB end of the power adapter, you can plug this end into your PC to connect to your computer. However, if you don’t have your USB cable or prefer a wireless solution, we also explain how to connect your Samsung device to a PC wirelessly.
Most smartphones come with a USB charging cable, with the charger plugged into the USB end of the cable. If you unplug the USB end of the power adapter, you can plug this end into your PC to connect to your computer. Simply plug your phone into any free USB port on your computer, then turn on your smartphone screen and unlock the device. Swipe down from the top of the screen. You should then see a notification about the current USB connection. At this point, they’ll probably tell you that your phone is only plugged in for charging.
After connecting your phone to the computer, a notification will appear to prepare it for file transfer. Tap the notification and from the menu that appears select “Transfer files / Android Auto“. If you only want to transfer media files, you can also select “Image transfer” (sometimes called “PTP”), which treats your phone like a digital camera.
Once you’ve made your selection, simply open Windows Explorer on your desktop. Once there, look for an icon that represents your phone along with other devices and handhelds. Click on this icon. Now you will see the internal storage of your Samsung phone. Here you can click on folders, drag and drop files between your phone and PC, or edit the data in any way you like. Your Android phone storage looks like a normal hard drive of a computer.
Do you have a Mac? The Android file transfer process is a bit more complicated for you, but don’t worry, it’s still pretty simple. The main difference is that you are using an official Google program called Android File Transfer download and install before everything works. To use the program, your Mac must be running macOS 10.7 or later, and your Android device must be running Android 3.0 or later.
Once the program is installed on your Mac, connect your phone to the computer, turn on your phone screen, unlock the device, and look for the USB status notification described above. Touch the notification and select “Transfer files / Android AutoThe Android file transfer program should automatically open on your Mac, and you can browse your phone storage and transfer files.
If you only need a connection to transfer files, Bluetooth is a good alternative as no cables are required and transfer is quick and easy.
Connect Samsung smartphone to Link to Windows
link to windows is a useful service built into most newer Samsung phones. with link to windows you can view your latest photos, reply to messages, view notifications and mirror your smartphone screen to your PC.
- First activate Bluetooth on both your smartphone and PC. This is very easy on the smartphone by pressing on the home screen notification bar drag from top to bottom and then on this bluetooth icon faucet. Simply search for the keyword on your computer Bluetooththen select the first search result and activate the function via the slider.
- Next, you need to use your smartphone as your PC available device watch. Tap to start pairing.
- Both your PC and smartphone will now have a pairing code unfolded. To confirm on both devices and the connection will be established.
- On your computer, open the window shop and find the app there”your smartphone“. Install it and then open it.
- In the app, then click “First steps” and sign in with your microsoft account on.
- Now open the settings on your Samsung device and touch “advanced features“.
- Then activate the option “link to windows“, and then tap it to open the built-in app.
- Now go to “Link smartphone and PC“.
- Go back to your PC again. There click on the application “your smartphone” on “Pair with QR code“.
- scan Then the QR code with the camera your smartphone
- After successful pairing, on your smartphone, tap “Finalized“.
- When you switch back to your PC, you can use the “your smartphonecontrols. You can receive messages and calls, download or upload images, and even mirror your phone screen.
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.