Now very little is missing in the launch of Pokémon UniteHowever, it is impossible not to start from that June 17, 2020. A certainly significant date for fans of the little monsters born of the genius of Satoshi Tajiri: The Pokémon Company and TiMi Studio announced the creation of a new video game dedicated to Pokémon . And now that a little over a year has passed since that news, the anticipations about the title … among the most anticipated of 2021 – are sufficient for a summary of its main novelties.
The 5 vs 5 battles
Pokémon Unite first of all he must differentiate himself from the lucky one Pokemon go released five years ago. His vocation proves it MOBA, acronym for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena: gamers impersonal the little monsters to challenge – in a battle without a shot wounded that will see two teams of five elements each interposed – opponents controlled by the computer and by the humans themselves. The parties can be classified or causal.
The new Pokémon game is completely set on the island “Aeos“, In which a body called” Unite Battle Committee (UBC) “undertakes to organize special tournaments, renamed precisely as” Unite Battle “.
The tournaments will involve five players per team, each of whom must contribute to beat the opposing team. The ultimate goal is to accumulate more points than enemies – the so-called “Aeos energy”, Which must first be collected by defeating Wild pokemon and opponents and, subsequently, deposited with one of the “finish zone(To assign them definitively to the team). Who wins earn more points in ten minutes.
While player collaboration will undoubtedly be critical to victory in battle, so will the distinctive roles of each Pokémon. Each creature will participate in the fight with a starting experience level, increased as the challenge continues: so they can learn special moves and even power Pokémon up to Evolverli. Unlike other games dedicated to the Tajiri saga, there will be no advantages determined by membership or attributable to the type of Pokémon.
I Pokemon It will be divided into five main categories, according to its function:
- Striker– Has low resistance but is capable of dealing heavy ranged damage
- Sprinter: it has high mobility that allows it to perform quick attacks
- Mantenance staff: attack and endurance are in substantial balance
- Defender: has high resistance to protect allies
- Follower: has the advantage of taking care of colleagues
When and how to play Pokémon Unite
Pokémon Unite is a cross-platform title that is available for Nintendo switch (the debut is expected by the end of the month) and mobile devices with onboard operating systems Android and iOS, whose launch, however, is scheduled for September. A noteworthy feature is support for cross game: Players of both platforms will be able to challenge each other. The game requires a Nintendo Account or a Pokémon Trainer Club account, but has the advantage of presenting the shared progression– So you can start playing on the console and continue on a smartphone or tablet, and vice versa.
Pokémon Unite includes four maps, each of which has different rules, as well as different i Legendary pokemon that it is possible to intercept:
- Remoat Stadium
- Shivre City
- Auroma Park
- Mer Stadium
The available Pokémon
L ‘List of Pokémon It will obviously be varied, as the official and unofficial trailers that have emerged in recent weeks demonstrate. Be a MOBA game and also considered the other video games that belong to the same category (such as League of Legends, which can boast more than 150 samples), however, the release of periodic additions aimed at increasing the list of monsters present in the game cannot be excluded a priori. The official starting list currently sees ben’s presence nineteen pokemon:
- Pikachu, Greninja, Venusaur, Alola Ninetales, Cramorant, Cinderace in the role of striker
- Charizard, Lucario, Machamp, Garchomp in the role of handyman
- Snorlax, Crusle, Slowbro in the role of defender
- Talonflame, Absol, Gengar in the role of sprinter
- Eldegoss, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff in the role of supporter
Coins and shops
Although free, Pokémon Unite will be characterized by the presence of micro-transactions. As the developers themselves explain, there will be three types of store and five different coins Spend: Aeos Tickets, Fashion Tickets, Holowear Tickets, Aeos Coins, and Aeos Gems. While the first four can be acquired by playing or participating in special events, the Saving will necessarily require the disbursement of real money.
The coins will be spent in three different shops, through which the player can resort to customizations or buy items to use in battle:
- UBC: it is the essential store to be able to buy the “United Licensing“, Which allow you to take a Pokémon into battle. Aeos coins or Aeos gems can be used.
- Aeos Emporium: is the store dedicated to customizations. The user will be able to buy “fashion items”, but also items to upgrade Pokémon or temporarily increase points in battle.
- Zinc trade: will allow you to buy the so-called “Holowear”, which are specific costumes to change the appearance of Pokémon during battles. The purchase will be mainly through Aeos gems.