UPDATE: Fortnite update 13.40 has gone reside along with server downtime on PS4, Xbox 1, Personal computer, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
Epic Online games confirmed the news on Twitter, telling enthusiasts that servers are down for update 13.40.
“We are commencing to disable products and services in preparation for v13.40,” reads an Epic publish. “If you happen to be at present in a session, you can continue to engage in till downtime starts at approx. 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).”
Pointless to say, the most recent update coincides with the discovery of new skins, which includes the Shadow Pack and the Derby Dynamo selection.
Fortnite update 13.40 new skins: Shadow Bundle Pack, Derby Dynamo, Deo and Extra
First: Fortnite update 13.40 – the Joy Ride update – has been formally introduced by Epic Game titles.
Titled the Joy Journey update, edition 13.40 hits PS4, Xbox A person, Computer system, iOS, Android and Nintendo Swap on August 5.
The new update launches together with a period of server downtime, which kicks off at 9am BST for followers living in the British isles.
The news was announced by Epic Game titles on Twitter: “A new sport update races around the corner.
“Fortnite v13.40, the Joy Trip Update, drives in tomorrow, August 5. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).”
Needless to say, the headline new characteristic of the Joy Journey update is the introduction of cars to Fight Royale.
This incorporates the Whiplash racing motor vehicle, the Widespread autombile, the Mudflap lorry, and the Bear pickup truck. Motor vehicles will have distinct wellness values, speeds and fuel capacity, so decide on wisely.
As you can see from the patch notes beneath, the new update would make a series of gameplay tweaks and bug fixes for Fight Royale.
This incorporates fixes for levelling up concerns, issues, and mouse cursors appearing when employing controllers. You can see the total 13.40 patch notes under.
Fortnite update 13.40 Typical and Struggle Royale patch notes…
• Mouse cursor showing up on Pc when participating in with controller.
– When playing on Laptop with a controller, players’ mouse cursor may well show up right after they complete sure steps. This can bring about difficulties with gameplay.
• H2o Balloon Toy briefly disabled.
– Owing to an problem, the Water Balloon Toy is briefly disabled.
• Slow Glider velocity following redeploying in particular situations.
– We’re investigating an issue exactly where gamers could move slower immediately after Glider redeploying in selected circumstances.
• XP bar can be visually incorrect while in a match. / Incorrect levelling-up.
– We’re knowledgeable of an concern that can sometimes come about involving the XP bar staying visually incorrect in a match. This can trigger gamers to appear to amount up for the duration of the match even if they truly did not. In these situations, be sure to reference the XP bar in the Lobby for an precise exhibit.
• Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug unable to be picked up even though recharging if dropped by an additional participant.
– Players might be unable to decide up Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug although it’s recharging if it was dropped by another player. In this predicament, they are going to get the “Backpack Full!” message even if they have an open up inventory slot.
Fortnite update 13.40 General and Fight Royale patch notes continued…
• Deal destruction inside 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at Hydro 16 must say “at The Yacht” as an alternative.
– The Week 1 Problem “Offer harm in 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at Hydro 16” should really instead say: “Offer injury within 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at The Yacht”
• Land at Frenzy Farm/The Yacht and finish Top 25 not counting in Duos/Squads.
– Problems to “Land at Frenzy Farm and finish Prime 25” and “Land at The Yacht and end Top rated 25” could not depend if you’re participating in in Duos or Squads.
Fortnite update 13.40 Mobile and Innovative patch notes…
• HUD Layout Tool v2
– We’re are investigating an concern wherever the Edit Reset button is not available in the mobile Hud Layout’s Device Box. The Edit reset button is also not appropriately exhibiting in fight when actively playing.
• Elimination feed might not appear on the HUD.
– We are investigating an situation that might induce the gamers elimination feed through the match to not show up.
Fortnite update 13.40 Cell and Resourceful patch notes continued…
• Yellow square seems when you level up.
– We’re investigating an situation on cell producing gamers to see a yellow sq. when you stage up.
• Not able to toss Grenades whilst using a Loot Shark.
– We are knowledgeable of an issue that is stopping gamers from throwing Grenades whilst driving a Loot Shark.
• Sail Shark Glider may have yellow coloration on mobile products.
– The Sail Shark Glider may possibly have a yellow coloration when seen on particular cell equipment.
• Billboards broken in islands that utilised Roboto.
– The Roboto Font was removed in v13.30, leading to Billboards to be damaged in islands that used Roboto.
• Multi-selected things do not rotate thoroughly on grid snap
– Rotating a team of multi-selected goods with grid snap on will not properly rotate the team of merchandise primarily based on the grid snap amount. Rotating with grid snap off must continue to get the job done adequately.
• Crash on consoles when renaming a system
– When playing on console, renaming a unit will induce the video game to crash.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.