I’m looking for a new (gaming) laptop because I have a couple of business trips this year and I don’t want to be bored at the hotel in the evenings.
Also, this should be at home next to my desktop PC (2 monitors, 10400F, 6800 XT, 32gb trident Z neo 3200) running on 3x resurrected diablo 2 at the same time, as a “third” monitor to act there 2x (ie 2 windowed instances side by side) Diablo 2 was resurrected to run. The mouse and keyboard connect to the desktop and the laptop binds to the desktop with “borderless mouse” so you can control both systems with 1 mouse and 1 keyboard.
Everything else in the mask:
1. What do you want to use your laptop for? Commercial or private use?
1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 notebook/convertible?
Stationary at home, possibly mobile from time to time for office applications, presentations, etc., but there will probably always be a socket nearby to play.
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
2x Resurrected Diablo 2 at home in low detail (window), if traveling (hotel) 1x Resurrected D2 in full screen and at least medium detail, in the future possibly Diablo 4
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
Office, surfing, Netflix
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
3. How long should the battery last?
probably not relevant as long as it’s not empty after 1 hour or so
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Does the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows through college?
Windows 10, because the software mentioned above “borderless mouse” is not designed for Windows 11 as far as I can see, it might still work, but I haven’t found anything about it.
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about? Big hard drive? numeric keyboard? keyboard backlight? pen holder? Docking via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
mandatory keyboard lighting,
at least 16gb ram + expandable (in the future if needed) as each d2r app eats up to 8gb ram, plus at least 6gb vram for the same reason.
The thing should until 28.4. arrived and ready to use.
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
about 1000 euros (without operating system) or 1100 with Windows 10 (these 5 euro windows keys on ebay don’t look like much to me)
I entered the requirements here on Geizhals,
I would be here GIGABYTE G5 KD-52DE123SD caught the eye, but for its values compared to, for example lenovo legion 5 it’s remarkably cheap with a similar configuration (certainly 5800H vs 11400H).
I would be happy if you could help me choose the best device with the above conditions,
MfG and thanks in advance
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.
Mortal Kombat 1: The official trailer puts an end to the rumors: a new branch for Nintendo Switch also appears – ntower
Esports in the UK
What exactly is a sweepstake casino?