Good Shepherd Entertainment and Ice Code Games announced in a press release Thursday night that the open beta version of Hard West 2, the supernatural sequel to the turn-based strategy game played by more than half a million people, will launch today at through Steam. .
Running until June 5, 2022, the beta version features a snippet of the game’s entire campaign and showcases some of the special abilities that characters will gain on their exciting journey through the Dark Heart of the West.
Comparison with the predecessor
Hard West 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way. The new Bravado system offers a more aggressive approach to tactics and combat, rewarding going on the offensive to extend Bravado’s streak and deal even more damage. One of the highlights is the moving gunfights, with dynamic levels set in changing environments to create the action-packed feel of fast-paced horse chases and thrilling train robbery showdowns.
Enemies are destroyed by special abilities like Gin’s Shadow Barrage, an attack that ignores cover and can hit multiple enemies. Add to that Flynn’s Shadow Swap, which allows him to switch places with a friend or foe; Old Man Bill’s Dead Man’s Revenge, which can hit anyone in sight and scales based on damage taken; and Laughing Deer’s Wild Run, whose damage increases the farther it is from the target.
Players must take advantage of the luck they gain from taking damage or missing opponents; this can increase your chances of hitting and turn sticky situations in your favor. If you wish, you can acquire new abilities and give your troops additional abilities or improve existing abilities with the ghost deck.
Hard West 2 Gameplay Trailer
Features of Hard West 2
- Conquering the Dark Frontier: When world-class con artist Gin Carter ambushes a legendary gold-seeking “ghost train,” he discovers he’s being hunted by the devil himself! Now Gin must lead a group of strange outlaws to save his soul in a land ruled by darkness. Players explore the frozen wastelands and lawless frontier towns of the Wild West in a desperate battle against the living and the undead.
- The Bravado system: Killing opponents triggers the new Bravado state and recharges spent action points. Whether it’s from behind cover, on the offensive, or with fancy combo kills in a row, anyone who takes out everyone and everything does especially well in the Wild West.
- Moving shootouts: Hard West 2’s turn-based combat takes place in dynamically changing environments and keeps the brain as busy as the trigger. From horse chases to thrilling train heists, unleash your western fantasy as you push your strategy to the limit.
- Tighten ties: With the mystery cards you can improve the poker hands of the gangsters. Upgrade with guns, explosives, or just ammo and whiskey to keep everyone in tip-top shape.
- Unnatural Leader: Players are in charge of a growing troop of armed outlaws, witches, and other mysterious beings. Only those who make the right decisions earn more loyalty points and can acquire new skills for those closest to them. Making a poor choice, on the other hand, tests your commitment to the whole cause.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Walking Dead: Wild West and occult folktales meet in a character-driven story expertly voiced by voice actors Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series), Darien Sills-Evans (Days Gone) and Adam Gifford (The Colony). ). The music is by BAFTA award winner Jason Graves (Dead Space) and the story is co-written by Origins Award winner and New York Times bestseller Matt Forbeck (Deadlands).
Hard West 2 Game – Played
At Gaming-Grounds.de we have also been able to get a first impression of the game. Our corresponding replay video, in which you can see the first cutscenes directly from the game, can be found here:
Hard West 2 Open Beta on Steam to play:
About El Buen Pastor Entertainment
Good Shepherd Entertainment is an award-winning video game publisher dedicated to building long-term partnerships that produce superior entertainment. Good Shepherd has built a strong global presence and has developed, released and marketed dozens of hits across multiple platforms, including Monster Train, the Transport Fever series, Phantom Doctrine, Hard West and the acclaimed John Wick Hex.
With decades of experience, Good Shepherd offers the knowledge and network of award-winning authors, musicians, and creative minds, as well as access to pop culture IP.
About ice code games
Ice Code Games is a Polish independent game development studio based in Warsaw. Since its inception, it has developed and published several games, including a cyberpunk RTS about cults. The company recently went public on the Polish stock exchange and is working on various game development tools. Ice Code Games is made up of an experienced team of professionals with experience in producing games ranging from Indie to AAA.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.