In India, other payment applications such as Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePay are powered by Unified Payment Interface (UPI) technology. Most users have at least one of these three payment applications on their phones linked to UPI. Money can be transferred to anyone through UPI in moments. If someone accesses your phone, they are more likely to transfer money. What if someone steals your smartphone with paid apps? They will have the opportunity to withdraw all the cash from their bank.
So if you lose your phone or someone steals it, we can dispense with access to these services. Now let us know how you can block Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pay if you lose your phone. Blocking in this way will prevent money from being withdrawn from your account.
How to temporarily block the Paytm account?
- Call the Paytm Payments Bank helpline at 01204456456.
- Select the lost phone option.
- Select the option to enter a different number, enter your lost phone number.
- Select the option to log out of all devices.
- Next, go to the Paytm website, scroll down to select 24X7 Help.
- Select Report fraud and click on any category.
- Then click on any issue, now click on the Send us a message button at the bottom.
- You will need to submit a credit / debit card statement showing Paytm account transactions.
- Paytm will then verify and lock your account. You will then receive a confirmation message.
How to block a Google Pay account
- Google Pay users should call the helpline number 18004190157 and select their native language.
- Choose the appropriate option for other problems.
- As an alternative to your Google Pay, Android users can wipe their data remotely. So that no one can access your Google account from the phone.
- IOS users can also lock their data through the remote option.
How to block a payment account from a phone
- Phone Pay customers should call 08068727374 or 02268727374.
- After selecting your native language, you will be asked if you want to report a problem with your phone’s payment account and then press the appropriate number.
- Now enter the registered number. An OTP will be sent to you for verification.
- Then select the option to receive OTP.
- This will give you a report of options about the stitching or damage of the mobile, select it.
- After getting some details like phone number, email id, last payment, last transaction value, etc., you will be connected to a representative who can help you block your phone payment account.