Any individual who owns a Huawei smartphone or tablet introduced after the “Google GAU” need to have noticed that not only is the Playstore missing, but also that some purposes do not send out press notifications. This is due to the lack of Google Firebase’s cloud messaging provider, which some programs change to to send out drive notifications to the smartphone.
- EBay classifieds
- Microsoft Teams
- many banking purposes
- Chinahandys.net software
- … quite a few other applications
With the adhering to recommendations you will master how to use your Huawei smartphone devoid of Google Playstore, Google Firebase can acquire push notifications. The applications then screen notifications on your lock monitor and household display screen as standard.
Caution! These instructions will not work if the Google Playstore was installed afterwards. This manual is suitable with Harmony OS and EMUI.
Credits: The approach for configuring drive notifications was adjusted from Huaweiblog.de uncovered. Thanks a great deal!
How do the recommendations get the job done?
The guidance mainly use MicroG. MicroG is open source software package that lets entry to specific areas of the Google framework without the need of possessing the total “Google Guard” mounted on the cellular telephone. Amid other matters, MicroG also permits the receipt of force notifications from Firebase.
Soon after environment up the MicroG app, we installed Aurora Shop, an open up supply alternate to Google Playstore. Aurora Keep downloads all wished-for programs specifically from the Google Playstore and installs them on the smartphone with out the Google Playstore “really” being accessible. This ensures that your apps are harmless initial, and your Firebase press notifications next.
Step 1: Down load MicroG
- Go to with your Huawei smartphone or tablet MicroG web page and obtain the “Services Core” and “Companies Framework Proxy” apps from there.
- Open up the Data files application, navigate to the Downloads folder, and put in each apps.
- You will now come across the “microG Settings” software on your home monitor. Open up the app.
Action 2: configure MicroG
- Activate the following services by placing the swap in the upper ideal corner to “On” on the corresponding webpage:
- Google gadget registration
- Google cloud messaging
- Google SafetyNet
- Find the “Self-examination” merchandise and activate the next placing by deciding upon “Make it possible for” or, if not obtainable, “Allow for only throughout use”. Following that, the configuration ought to search like this:
- Restart your smartphone or tablet now.
Stage 3: configure Aurora Retail store and set up applications
- Download F-Droid on the Producer web site obtain and install the application.
- Open up the F-Droid app and lookup for “Aurora Keep”. Install the application.
- Open up Aurora-Retailer, give the software all permissions and go away every little thing with the conventional options. Indicator in with your Google account.
- From the most important menu of the Aurora shop, click on on the 3-bar menu in the upper left corner and pick out “Block Checklist”. Blacklist “MicroG Products and services Core” and “MicroG Solutions Framework Proxy”.
- In the Aurora Retailer you can now obtain and install all the apps for which you would like to get press notifications from Firebase.
Observe 1: If you beforehand set up the apps from an additional supply, I advocate that you uninstall and reinstall them by way of the Aurora retail store. Firebase drive notifications generally only work if the application comes instantly from Google.
Take note 2: If you go on to acquire irregular notifications from an application, navigate to the method menu Settings / Battery / Application launch and deactivate the computerized management of the corresponding application.
You should really now get force notifications all over again on your Huawei smartphone or pill functioning Harmony OS or EMUI. You can also configure in the “MicroG Settings” software under “Cloud Messaging” which purposes can deliver computerized notifications.
Sense cost-free to go away us a comment on irrespective of whether the recommendations worked for you and which app now sends notifications once more (or not).
Professional bacon fanatic. Explorer. Avid pop culture expert. Introvert. Amateur web evangelist.