For the first time, a member of the Japanese government, Taro Kono, has publicly admitted his doubts about the organization of the Olympic Games in Tokyo next summer. “At the moment, we are doing the best we can to prepare for the Games, but nobody knows what could happen, said the minister of administrative reform. Everything is possible, as the site of the Games we do everything we can and if all goes well we can have a good Olympic Games. […]. The Olympic committee must think of a plan B or a plan C. But the situation is not easy. “
These comments are made in a context of resurgence of the epidemic in Japan with a total of 1,502 cases identified on Thursday in Tokyo to 6,566 in Japan. The numbers, however, stabilized compared to two weeks ago.
Although around 80% of the Japanese said they were in favor of postponing or canceling the Games, the government, the international Olympic committee or the organizing committee have reiterated in recent days their desire to hold the event on the scheduled dates. (July 23 to August 8). The chairman of the organizing committee, former Prime Minister Yoshiro Mori, indicated earlier this week that a decision should be made on the presence of foreign spectators at the Games in late February and early March.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.