Intel has released two updated versions of its graphics driver, classifying Comet Lake and previous generations as Legacy. The manufacturer also announces that the generation of cores 6 to 10 will only receive a driver update in case of serious security breaches.
10th Gen Core and earlier are now Legacy
Intel has the graphics drivers v101.3222 (PDF) Y v101.2111 (PDF) released and is now running on two tracks. While the integrated Intel HD, UHD, Iris Xe, and Arc graphics units on 11th and 12th Gen CPUs will continue to receive updates, 6th and 10th Gen are now officially classified as “Legacy”.
Software updates for these products are released quarterly or with software releases as needed.
The following architectures are affected by this measure and will only receive a new graphics driver in rare cases:
- 10th Generation Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Plus Graphics (“Ice Lake”)
- 10th Gen Intel Core Processors with Intel UHD Graphics (“Comet Lake”)
- 9th Generation Intel Core processors, related Pentium/Celeron processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Coffee Lake-R)
- 8th generation Intel Core processors, related Pentium/Celeron processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 and – – Intel UHD Graphics 610, 620, 630, P630 (“Kaby Lake-R” and “Coffee Lake”)
- Intel Pentium and Celeron processors (“Gemini Lake”)
- 7th generation Intel Core processors, related Pentium/Celeron processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 650 and Intel HD Graphics 610, 615, 620, 630, P630 (“Kaby Lake”)
- 6th generation Intel Core, Intel Core M and related Pentium processors Intel Iris Graphics 540, Intel Iris Graphics 550, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580, and Intel HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530 (“Skylake”)
- Intel Pentium processors and Intel Celeron (“Jasper Lake”) processor family
- Intel Atom, Pentium, and Celeron (“Elkhart Lake”) processors
- Intel Core processor with Intel Hybrid (“Lakefield”) technology
The integrated graphics units of 6th to 10th generation core CPUs are usually only serviced on a quarterly basis with bug fix releases, but no longer receive any features or optimizations for gaming.
Intel only merged its UHD graphics drivers for sixth to twelfth generation central processors in November last year.
Download at Computer Base
As usual, the two updated graphics drivers with version numbers 101.3222 and 101.2111 can be downloaded directly below this post from the ComputerBase download area.
Graphics drivers for Intel CPUs, dedicated graphics cards, and older motherboards with integrated graphics.
- Version 220.127.116.1122 German
- Version 18.104.22.1681 German
- +6 more
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.