Monday, June 24, 2024

Official, Steve Cohen buys Mets

Date:


Meet the fans, that’s what you’ve been waiting for for months — Steve Cohen and the Wilpon / Katz family have reached a deal.

Monday morning We heard the report The agreement will be signed today. Now that happened. There is an agreement.

Tim Healy Members of Newsday shared details of the deal, which values ​​Mets at approximately $ 2.475 billion. Cohen owns 95% of Mets. Katz and Wilpon’s family will maintain the remaining 5%. The contract is currently awaiting MLB approval.

The press release was also issued on Monday night by Mets, who stated:

“The Sterling partner has signed a deal with Stephen Cohen, subject to Cohen’s purchase of the New York Mets. The sale transaction requires the approval of the owner of a Major League Baseball club.

“I’m excited to agree to buy the New York Mets with Wilpon and Katz’s family,” Cohen said.

Cohen will be able to manage the Mets once approved by the MLB owners at the Owners’ Meeting in November. Of the 30 MLB owners, at least 23 must agree for approval.

Mets fan, it’s happening. A new era of Mets baseball is about to begin.

Ebenezer Robbins
Ebenezer Robbins
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.

Share post:

Popular

More like this
Related

Green Glamour: How to Achieve Eco-Friendly Acrylic Nails

In the vibrant world of beauty and nail care,...

The Future Of Horse Racing In The Digital Age  

Horse racing, a sport steeped in tradition and history,...

How to Sell CS:GO Skins for Real Money

CS:GO skins have become not just an ordinary design...

Decoding The Diversity: A Guide To Different Types Of Horse Races

Horse racing reaches 585 million households worldwide, enjoying immense...