OnePlus is increasingly slow to release security updates in a timely manner, far behind Samsung, Google, and other corporate devices. Security update tracker.. The first week of November is nearing its end, but OnePlus is about to update its first phone to the October security patch level.
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 has been rolled out to OnePlus 8 and 8Pro and is expected to be widely released within a few days (assuming no major bugs have been found). In addition to the October patch, this update also includes brightness adjustments, 5G and Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth audio, and some other minor change fixes.
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm makes 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Background process management mechanism optimized to improve standby performance
- Quick settings adjusted to 3 lines
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.10.
- Improved system stability
- Newly added canvas feature that can automatically draw wireframe images based on your phone’s lock screen photo (Path: Settings-Customize-Wallpaper-Canvas-Photo preview and it will be automatically generated
- Optimize intelligent 5G capabilities to extend battery durability
- Wi-Fi connection optimized to improve connection stability
- Wi-Fi connection optimized to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed an issue that was unlikely to be muted after connecting to Bluetooth
If you want to install the update now, you may be able to download it from. Oxygen updater app.. Otherwise, it will take a few days for it to appear automatically.