In partnership with Microsoft, Samsung had Announced during the Galaxy Note 20 launch In August of last year, your phone app would soon introduce support for running multiple apps on Windows. Following the announcement, Microsoft began rolling out the feature for users who chose to Windows internal program in November. This feature has recently been made publicly available to all users with certain Samsung smartphones.
According to Otero Díaz’s analysisMicrosoft’s main program manager, experiencing multiple apps on your phone app, is now available to all users running Windows 10 May 2020 Update or later. To run various applications from your Samsung device through your Windows Phone, there are some basic requirements. These include the following:
- Windows 10 last update May 2020 or later. Update to the latest version of Windows 10. You can go to the top by checking Settings> Updates and security> Any updates and updates.
- 8GB RAM recommended on Windows PC
- The latest version of your phone application on a Windows PC is 1.20102.132.0 or higher
- The companion app for your phone links Windows to your Samsung device. Make sure you have version 1.20102.133.0 or higher. You can download the application from Google Play Store
- You also need the latest version of Windows Service Link 2.1.05.2 or later. It can be downloaded from the Galaxy Store.
- Both the phone and the PC must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
While Microsoft tells you you need an Android 11 device To enable multi-app support on your phone, not all devices running Android 11 are supported. On a separate page, Microsoft List all supported smartphones Which currently includes only a handful of Samsung devices. Here is the complete list:
- Samsung galaxy fold
- Samsung galaxy note 20 5g
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Samsung galaxy s20
- Samsung Galaxy S20 +
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
- Samsung galaxy s20 ultra
- Samsung galaxy z foldable phone
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Samsung galaxy z fold 2g 5g
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung galaxy note 10+
- Samsung galaxy note 10 lite
How to run multiple Android apps on Windows using your phone:
- Once all the above requirements are met, open your phone app on your Windows PC
- The app will ask you to choose between Android or iPhone. Select Android and click continue
- After that, you will be asked to install / update the latest version of your phone companion app on your Samsung smartphone by visiting this link (www.aks.ms/yourpc).
- After installing / updating the attached app on your phone, please confirm it in your phone app on your computer and open the QR code
- On your Samsung-powered smartphone, head to Settings> Advanced Features and head over to link Windows
- Enable the service and click on Add Computer and use the phone’s camera to scan the QR code displayed in your phone’s application on your computer.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account and confirm that your phone allows you to connect to your computer
- Now you can see your phone in your phone app for PC
- To access all the applications installed on your phone, go to the Applications section on the left
How to interact with the application:
A computer can interact with applications using a mouse, trackpad, keyboard, stylus, or touch screen. If you are using a mouse and keyboard, here are some suggestions:
- A single click will behave like any single touch / click interaction
- Right click anywhere on your phone screen to go to the previous page
- Click and hold will behave as a click / hold interaction
- Click, hold and drag to select content
- Mouse to scroll pages vertically or horizontally