Transfer all Messenger chats to a new smartphone. It sounds easy, but it often takes a lot of effort, if it’s even possible. Apple now makes it easy for people to switch from Android to iOS with WhatsApp.
When switching from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, the entire WhatsApp chat history can be transferred directly if this is done during the initial setup of the iPhone. Previously, users always had to resort to additional programs from other providers. Now WhatsApp Transfer is a part of “Transfer to iOS” Android app, as Apple reports.
The app establishes a direct WiFi connection between the two smartphones. Until now, you could transfer photos and videos, contacts, messages, web bookmarks, and settings, among other things. WhatsApp is another option. One requirement is that users keep their phone number when switching.
- Open the Transfer to iOS app on your Android device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- A code will appear on your iPhone. If prompted, enter the code on your Android device.
- Tap NEXT and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select WhatsApp on the data transfer screen.
- Tap START on your Android device and wait for the WhatsApp data to be ready for export. Your Android device will then be signed out.
- Tap NEXT to return to the Transfer to iOS app.
- Tap NEXT to transfer data from your Android device to your iPhone. Wait for confirmation from the Transfer to iOS app that the transfer is complete.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open WhatsApp and sign in with the same phone number you used on your old device.
- If prompted, tap Start and wait for the process to complete.
- Once you have finished activating your new device, you will see your chats.
The mobile app can now also select and download apps
Operating systems from Android 5 (Lollipop) are supported. According to its own statements, Apple does not have access to the data during transmission. With iPhones that have already been set up, there is still no easy way to transfer WhatsApp chats afterwards.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.