If the heat does not take away your desire to learn and you want take advantage of these summer days to immerse yourself in a topic, gain a new skill or improve the ones you already had, in Genbeta we give you a hand.
We have compiled a list with 31 free online courses taught by instructors from institutions and universities in mainly Spain and Latin America, but also from the rest of the world. All courses are in Spanish (or they have subtitles), and you only need to create an account on the platform where it is offered to start learning.
Note: all courses are free, in some cases the basic material is open or the complete courses can be taken in audit mode, there is even the possibility of requesting financial aid on platforms such as Coursera. Only the certificates and certain elements such as evaluations or additional support have a cost.
- Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence: a course at Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn the conceptual foundations of artificial intelligence from a philosophical perspective, with its ethical and social implications.
- Machine learning and data science: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn the basics of machine learning and data science. In particular, you will learn the techniques necessary to evaluate the performance of the algorithms and the obtained models.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Main Algorithms– A Galileo University course in which you will learn how the artificial intelligence algorithms that make chatbos, self-driving cars, voice recognition, and more work, work.
- Data cleansing for natural language processing: a course at the Austral University in which you will obtain the necessary knowledge for the extraction, cleaning and preparation of different data sources to be included in an NLP process.
- Predictive models with Machine Learning: a course from the Anahuac University Network in which you will learn the fundamentals of machine learning and how to create prediction, regression and classification models with the help of Python.
- Deep learning: a course from the Anahuac University Network in which you will learn what a neural network is, how to create a neural network, and to train a neural network with a set of images.
- Introduction to the Internet of Things– A Galileo University course where you will learn to analyze the “things” and connections that make up the IoT, build sensor and actuator systems using microcontrollers, design and build IoT prototypes, and more.
- Basic algorithms: a course from Tecnológico de Monterrey in which you will learn the fundamentals of algorithmic thinking, data structures and the basic principles of programming with application to business.
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals: A Practical Approach: a course from the Inter-American Development Bank and the Calos III University of Madrid in which you will learn the main concepts about threats, techniques and tools applied in computer forensics, reverse engineering processes and tools, types and characteristics of malware and advanced persistent threats, and vulnerability management, along with penetration testing.
- Launching Machine Learning in Spanish– A Google Cloud Training course in which you will learn to identify why deep learning is popular today, teach you how to optimize and evaluate models, mitigate common problems, and create repeatable and scalable data sets for training, evaluation and tests.
Introduction to IT project management: a course at the Autonomous University of Madrid in which you will learn about the procedures, methods and techniques oriented to the management of software projects, including communication and PMBOK.
Computer security: defending against the digital dark arts– A Google course in which you will learn how the various encryption algorithms and techniques work, various systems and types of authentication, the difference between authentication and authorization, how to assess potential risks and recommend ways to reduce risk, best practices for securing a network, and how to help others understand security concepts and protect themselves.
- Introduction to Linux as a system development environment: a course at the Polytechnic University of Madrid in which you will obtain the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to start using the LINUX / UNIX operating system, together with a basic set of network tools and services, as a support environment for the development of software applications.
- IT infrastructure systems and services management– A Google course in which you will learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, large and small, running from working on a single computer to an entire fleet.
- Bash – Linux Shell. Learn from scratch: A free course on Udemy in which you will learn from how to get and install Linux, to understand the structure and syntax of Linux commands, manage your files and folders, all the tools that the command interpreter offers, and more.
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User– A Google course in which you will learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks such as managing software and users, and configuring hardware.
- Technical assistance basics: a Google course in which you will be introduced to the world of information technology, or IT. You will learn about the different facets of information technology such as computer hardware and software, the Internet, troubleshooting, and customer service.
- The bits and bytes of computer networks– A Google course on the fundamentals of modern networking technologies and protocols to an overview of the cloud, practical applications, and network troubleshooting.
- Windows Server 2012 and Linux Ubuntu Server for Beginners: a free course on Udemy where you will learn how to use VirtualBox to virtualize operating systems, how to install Windows Server 2012 and Ubuntu Server, their basic handling, and install services and roles to servers.
- Design of management information systems for intranet with Microsoft Access: a course at the Universidad del Rosario in which you will learn to create basic-intermediate level professional databases and information systems for the Intranet and thus make business decisions, with this Microsoft application, without the need to know programming languages.
- Customer-centric IT strategy: a course from the University of Virginia in which you will learn to use the Canvas business model to guide your company’s strategy and quickly prototype strategy-aligned processes to implement them in your IT infrastructure.
- Robotics: a course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn to assemble and animate a robot as well as control it with your mobile phone, applying basic knowledge of mechanics, electricity, electronics and programming.
- Introduction to hardware design with Verilog: a course from the Galileo University in which you will learn about the Verilog hardware description language, and about hardware modeling and model simulation with it.
- Audio encoding: Beyond MP3: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn about audio digitization and compression, auditory scales and compression types, MPEG standards, advanced audio encoders and their evaluation.
- Spatial Sound and 3D: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn about the main spatial sound reproduction systems, such as 5.1, WFS or binaural systems.
- Electrons in Action: Electronics and Arduinos for Your Own Inventions: a course from the Pontifical Catholic University of Chine in which you will receive an introduction to electronics and Arduinos, starting from the basics of an electrical circuit and ending with the design of low complexity circuits using programmable electronic devices.
- Introduction to photovoltaic solar energy: The photovoltaic module: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to know photovoltaic modules, the most important component in photovoltaic installations and the only devices capable of directly converting light energy from the sun into continuous electrical energy.
- Digital Systems: From logic gates to the processor: a course at the Autonomous University of Barcelona in which you will learn the fundamentals of the design of current digital circuits, how to design digital systems of medium complexity, and understand the operation of computers at their most basic level (machine language), as well as its materialization and interpretation through algorithmic digital systems.
- Automatic control: invisible technology: a course at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in which you will learn to identify the utility and main characteristics of control systems, and to distinguish between an open-loop control system and a closed-loop control system.
- Design, manufacture and program your own robot: a course at the Polytechnic University of Valencia in which you will learn to design, manufacture and program your own robot (DYOR: Do Your Own Robot) with Arduino and you will get started in the Maker world.
- Alternating Current Electric Circuits: a course from the Galileo University in which you will learn about the analysis of resistive circuits in AC, and the fundamentals of electrical installations.