Fans of strategy games, fans of the Age of Empires license, or just gamers looking for new gaming experiences, it’s time to find out more about Age of Empires IV! The lucky ones who have been able to register for the closed beta will have the opportunity to discover the next work in this saga that we no longer present and this one from August 5 to 16.
Age of Empires IV beta, any info to come?
Registrations were open until August 3 on the game’s official website. Although they are now closed, we hope to bring you more information about the strategy game developed by World’s Edge in the near future.
The experience offered to the members of Age Insiders allows us to know a little more. Now we know that the lucky ones will be able to try their luck in matches with up to eight players, discover different maps, but they will also be able to take control of the Mongolian, English, Chinese and Delhi Sultanate civilizations.
Accessible even with a modest configuration
On the other hand, it is an opportunity to know the hardware requirements of the game for those who want to try it.
Here is the recommended configuration for beta:
- Operating system: Windows 10
- Processor: 1.7-2.7 GHz (turbo) 4 cores: Intel Core i5-4460T (35w) / AMD FX-6300 or better
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 760 / AMD Radeon R7 260X or better with at least 2GB of VRAM
Thus, we can see that most PC setups, even for office use, now offered at the entry level, will a priori be able to run it.
As a reminder, Age of Empires IV will be available October 28 on Windows PC and Steam. It will also enrich the Xbox Game Pass catalog for PC from the day of its launch.
During the closed beta, selected Age Insiders will be able to:
- Go over the basics with our tutorial mission, Mission Zero. Arm yourself with knowledge by rebuilding a city, learning important lessons about economics, early fighting, and other essential skills.
- Test your mettle in multiplayer or AI matches, with up to eight human or AI players. You can play against other Insiders or take on the AI - we collect data on a variety of match types and encourage you to try all the different modes.
- Discover a wide range of cards that will allow you to personalize your own experience. You are ready to choose what to do with our previous letters for the launching of the bêta fermée, more and more restlessness for the choixes: jacket permet à l’utilisateur de sellectionner une variété de tailles et d’apparences (appelées «biomes ” in the game).
- Try four of the eight civilizations on launch day. Refine your strategies with the Mongolian, English, Chinese and Delhi Sultanate civilizations.
- Watch other people’s games. Given its importance to the Age community, Closed Beta will allow participants to watch each other’s games (as long as the host of the match approves!).
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.