Amazon announces new wi-fi earbuds, Echo Buds, at an event in Seattle on Sept. 25, 2019.
CNBC | Todd Haselton
Amazon on Wednesday despatched an e mail to individuals who bought its Echo Buds headphones warning them to update their program. It claimed in “pretty exceptional circumstances” the headphones can overheat although charging.
The Echo Buds had been introduced in drop 2019 and compete with Apple AirPods. They offer fast accessibility to Amazon Alexa, appear with their very own charging case and element Bose sounds reduction. The e-mail to customers claims a software update addresses the “possible safety threat” and “increases the prolonged-time period overall performance of Echo Buds’ batteries.”
“We just lately established that in extremely exceptional scenarios it is feasible for Echo Buds to overheat while in the charging circumstance. Out of an abundance of caution, we released an above-the-air software program update that addresses this probable issue,” an Amazon spokesperson instructed CNBC.
Amazon’s web-site says the Echo Buds are out of stock till Aug. 15. The enterprise failed to say if that hold off may perhaps be relevant to a hardware update.
Here’s the total e-mail Amazon sent shoppers and guidance on how to update if you personal a pair of Echo Buds:
We are creating to advise you about an crucial application update for your Echo Buds.
The security of our prospects is our best precedence. We not long ago identified that in very unusual conditions it is attainable for Echo Buds to overheat while in the charging scenario. Out of an abundance of caution, we have launched a software update that addresses this likely protection possibility and enhances the extended-phrase effectiveness of Echo Buds’ batteries.
Making use of the Program Update
You will routinely acquire the update when your Echo Buds hook up by means of Bluetooth to your phone and the Alexa application.
To validate the update:
· Open the Echo Buds case (assure both buds are in the situation)
· Validate that your Echo Buds are Bluetooth related to your telephone
· Open up the Alexa app and decide on “Equipment” in the bottom suitable
· Decide on “Echo & Alexa” then “Echo Buds”
· Scroll to the “About” part at the bottom of the website page
· Verify that your machine is operating computer software version 318119151 or better
If you have a unique application version, abide by these instructions to initiate the software update:
· Open the lid of the case with the Echo Buds inside of and ensure that they are linked to Bluetooth on your mobile phone and the Alexa app
· Check that your Echo Buds and scenario are at the very least 30% billed
· Near the scenario lid with the Echo Buds inside, and maintain in Bluetooth selection of your telephone for 30 minutes
· Check out that the program version is 318119151 or bigger, adhering to the guidelines over
If you procured this product for another person else, be sure to notify the receiver straight away and offer them with this information and facts. We regret any inconvenience this may possibly lead to and thank you for using the time to confirm you acquired the software update. If you have issues about how to implement the update, make sure you contact us at https://www.amazon.com/call-us.
The Echo Buds workforce
Amazon also said clients who did not sign-up their gadgets require to stick to these recommendations:
To sign up your system, be sure to:
· Obtain the most current version of the Alexa application on your telephone
· Open the lid of the Echo Buds scenario (make sure each buds are in the circumstance)
· Affirm that your Echo Buds are Bluetooth linked to your cellular phone
· Activate your Echo Buds in the Alexa application by picking out “Equipment” in the bottom appropriate, then “+” on the top rated proper of the display screen, adopted by “Incorporate Gadget” >”Amazon Echo” >”Echo Buds”, then comply with the prompts on the monitor
· Check out that your Echo Buds and case are at least 30% billed
· Shut the scenario lid with the Echo Buds within, and maintain inside of Bluetooth assortment of your cellular phone for 30 minutes
To confirm the update:
· Open the Echo Buds scenario (be certain the two of your buds are in the case)
· Validate that your Echo Buds are Bluetooth connected to your mobile phone
· Open up the Alexa app and pick “Equipment” in the base proper
· Pick out “Echo & Alexa” then “Echo Buds”
· Scroll to the “About” segment at the base of the page
· Validate that your gadget is functioning software program edition 318119151 or greater