Facebook It has a very interesting function aimed exclusively at people with some type of hearing disability, since it is about the subtitles for the videos that are published in the aforementioned social network, something that many users belonging to this sector were waiting for. Although it is not a new tool, it is little known because it is hidden among the settings. Do you want to know how to activate it? Now we will explain the steps to you.
It is important to clarify that to perform this trick it will not be necessary to install additional applications or programs that occupy storage space on your mobile or computer. In addition, users who do not have the type of disability that we have just mentioned, can also take advantage of this function in occasions where, for example, they do not want to make noise at night or the dialogues are not understood.
HOW TO ACTIVATE SUBTITLES FROM A COMPUTER
- Login to Facebook from a computer or laptop.
- Then, press the (▼) button at the top right.
- Several options will be displayed and you have to click on ‘Settings and privacy’.
- Then go to ‘Settings’.
- On the left side you can see several options, but you have to look for the one that says ‘Videos’, it is located at the end of the list.
- Finally, in the ‘Videos’ section you have to go to the section Always show subtitles, activate it.
HOW TO MODIFY SUBTITLES ON YOUR COMPUTER
- Access the ‘Videos’ option in the ‘Settings’ again.
- Find the section ‘Appearance of subtitles’ and click on ‘Edit’.
- An example will appear as a sample with the following text: “The swift Hindu bat happily ate cardillo and kiwi. The stork played the saxophone behind the straw palenque “.
- Below this text will be the options: ‘Background color’, ‘Background opacity’, ‘Text color’ and ‘Text size’. Modify it to your liking.
- Finally, you have to press the ‘Save changes’ button.
HOW TO ACTIVATE SUBTITLES FROM AN IPHONE OR IPAD
- Open the app Facebook from your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section and then to ‘Accessibility’.
- Here you have to find and activate the section ‘Closed captions and deaf’.
HOW TO MODIFY SUBTITLES ON IPHONE OR IPAD
- Enter the ‘Accessibility’ section again.
- Then, go to the ‘Subtitles’ section and then to ‘Style’.
- Select or create a custom style to your liking.
Do you have a problem with Facebook Messenger and do you want to report it? click here to report something that is not working properly in the app. If what you want is to report abuses or other conversations that violate the rules of Messenger, press the following link. You can also shake your smartphone to report a problem.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.