…Private for gaming and Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 notebook/convertible?
… stationary on my desk, always plugged in with the power supply because then the performance is not reduced as in battery operation
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
Battlefield 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 and some strategy games that aren’t that complex – high-end games would suffice for me on high games, less demanding on ultra of course.
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
The graphics card must be at least an Nvidia RTX 3060, better yet a 3070 or equivalent to these two Nvidia models (I’m not familiar with Nvidia’s GTX models from the 1660s, 1650s, etc.)
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
… 17 inches, at least 144 Hz, 1920×1080 resolution is enough for me
3. How long should the battery last?
…It doesn’t matter because I’ll only play with the power supply plugged in.
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Does the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows through college?
…Windows already installed
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
… No unnecessary cracks when opening/closing
It would be a plus if the laptop isn’t a fingerprint magnet, but it’s not a must!
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about? Big hard drive? numeric keyboard? keyboard backlight? pen holder? Docking via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
…RGB lighting, 1TB SSD
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
… Used purchase of course no, maximum 2000 euros, I prefer a maximum of 1800 for a new one
I am considering between an Acer Nitro 5 BJ 2022 and an Asus TUF 2022 version, which one do you think is better.
If you know something better, just say a link or model
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.