The iPad Pro (2021) was launched in two variants: 11-inch and 12.9-inch. The 11-inch model did not go through a mini-LED screen like the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, and in general we can say that we have the panel of the iPad Pro 11 (2020), but with some improvements (HDR10, Dolby Vision) .
I. What’s new in the iPad Pro 11 (2021) compared to the iPad Pro 11 (2020)?
First of all, I would like Apple M1 which we also find in iMacs or MacBooks, brings a significant increase in performance compared to the Apple A12Z Bionic (50% processing power, 40% GPU). Second, I would refer to the USB Type-C 3.1 port which is now compliant with standards Thunderbolt 4 (transfer speed up to 40Gbps and you can connect your tablet to a monitor with up to 6K resolution or transfer data at really fast speeds.)
Another new element would be frontal camera which is now ultra-wide and incorporates a technology called Center Stage (the tablet has the ability to follow the subject and keep it in the frame, if someone joins, it zooms so that it is caught in the transmission).
II. Full Specifications for iPad Pro 11 (2021):
- 11-inch IPS Liquid Retina display with a resolution of 1668 x 2388 pixels, 265 ppi, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 600 nits brightness, glass front and resistance structure and aluminum back, display ratio / body of 82.9%;
- Apple M1 octa-core processor with Apple 8-core GPU, 8/16 GB of RAM and 128 GB / 256 GB / 512 GB / 1 TB or 2 TB of storage space;
- iPad OS 14.5;
- 5G, Wi-Fi 6, bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C 3.1 (Thunderbolt 4), location via A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and QZSS, Face ID;
- 12 megapixels with f / 1.8, PDAF double pixel and pixel size of 1.22 microns + ultrawide 10 megapixels with f / 2.4 and angle at 125 degrees, TOF 3D LiDAR sensor for depth of field, records 4K with up to 60 fps;
- 12 megapixel front camera with f / 2.4 and 122 degree angle, shoots at 1080p with up to 60 fps;
- 7538 mAh battery (28.65 Wh), 466 gr. for the Wi-Fi model and 470 gr. for 5G + Wi-Fi model, dimensions 247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm.
III. What are the prices of the iPad Pro 11 (2021) in Europe?
iPad 11 with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage: 870 euros;
iPad 11 with 8 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage: 990 euros;
iPad 11 with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage: 1210 euros;
iPad 11 with 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage – 1,650 euros;
iPad 11 with 16 GB of RAM and 2 TB of storage – 2,090 euros.
If you also want 5G connectivity, add another 170 euros to each model. The top model with 16GB of RAM, 2TB of storage and 5G ends up costing over 11,000 lei… I think it’s the most expensive iPad ever, sorry, wait till you find out on the iPad Pro 12.9 (2021).