- As of January 2021, there were more than 4.7 billion Internet users across the world.
- As of January 2021, there were more than 1.83 billion websites on the Internet. Can you imagine such a huge number of websites?
- Everything now resides on the web including healthcare, e-commerce, real estate, banking, service industry, and even education.
- With the pandemic spread worldwide, bringing everything to a halt, many businesses are completely shifted to the web.
- Unsurprisingly, employment in web development has increased drastically providing jobs to 174,300 developers in the US alone.
- Web development is the fastest-growing domain with a projected growth rate of 8% from 2019 to 2029.
- It has also become one of the highest-paying jobs.
Today, when everything goes on the web, there is a need for web developers across the globe. Every business needs a website to thrive on the market, so they need web developers. This has created a huge demand for web developers. There are many IT professionals who wish to have a lucrative career in web development, increasing the number of professionals interested in web development courses.
In this article, we will explore what web development is and how to become a web developer.
Web Development Overview
Simply put, web development is the process of creating internet-based applications and websites. Web development includes
- Designing a web page(front-end),
- Coding for the server-side(the back-end), and
- Storage (database technology)
- Integration of the three components (full-stack development).
Who is a Web Developer?
A web developer is a professional who designs and builds websites and applications using a client-server model.
The front end includes coding the client-side of web applications, converting the design into real-life applications, along ensuring an adaptive and responsive user interface.
On the other hand, back-end developers are involved in building and monitoring the services required by a web application and ensure that the application is running smoothly. he/she is also required to manage services like data storage, and API for a web application. To sum up, a back-end developer is one who works behind the scenes of a website or application.
A full-stack developer is an expert in both the front-end and the back-end. They generally supervise the development and look after the requirements of the user interface as well as the business.
So, a web developer’s primary tasks are:
- Building and maintaining websites and other applications
- Taking a website design created by the client or designing team and transforming it into a website
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders, clients, and designers to understand the vision.
- Specializes in either client-side or server-side or even both to become a full stack developer.
For Front-end development
- HTML or HyperText Markup Language is the most important language to learn as it is used for designing the layout of web pages.
- CSS or Cascading StyleSheets are required to style HTML elements in a website.
- Frontend Frameworks: Some popular frameworks like Angular, React, and Vue help makes the front-end of applications look better and enhance the speed of development.
For Back-end Development
- Python- a language that is regarded as the most crucial skill required for handling server-side tasks in web development.
- PHP- is the back-end language that is used to maintain all the tasks that work behind the scenes in a web application.
- Java- This is the language that is primarily known for back-end development. Java is considered one of the most-used languages by web developers.
- Database Management- There are database languages such as MySQL or MongoDB that are utilized for storage purposes in web development.
For Full stack development, you need to possess the skills required for both front-end and back-end. This is because they are required to manage the complete workflow of the web development environment.
How to Become a Web Developer?
- Begin with the fundamental concepts
- Go friendly with web development software
To become a successful web developer, you need to master web tools like graphics software examples: Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Web development services include e-commerce, web design, content management system, custom web applications, ASP.net, and PHP.
- Gain expertise in SEO
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is all about optimizing your website in such a way that it attracts organic traffic significantly. SEO includes practices, methods, and techniques used to make the content easily searchable and beneficial for readers.
Good content is keyword-rich, entirely original, perfectly written, works make and filled with relevant information. SEO goes parallelly with web design and web development so you are required to master concepts of SEO.
Web development is a multidisciplinary field so you need to master a variety of skills.
- Practice can make you perfect!
It is not necessary to go through the theory part all the time, you need to practice web development at all levels. After all, you learn anything only by practicing it. Start with creating a simple website and then moving towards dynamic ones, you will easily master web development software.
- Training can make things easy
This is the easiest and most feasible way to acquire the knowledge and skills required to become a successful web developer. This is because your skills are taken to the next level with the help of a specifically designed curriculum including all the technologies and Softwares that are used in web development.
Also, the courses are so designed that they don’t include irrelevant things and only the latest trends and technologies. Self-paced learning, enterprise-class learning management system, doubt sessions by industry experts, and round-the-clock learners assistance are other special features of an online training course.
What do you conclude?
An online training course from an accredited institute can make things easy and it is not at all difficult to become a web developer!
Infuriatingly humble organizer. Entrepreneur. Zombie guru. Professional creator. Future teen idol.