1. What do you want to use your laptop for?
primarily for gaming and home office as well as general multimedia applications
1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary?
Fairly stationary and a bit on the go (mainly depends on the plug with me anyway)
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
Minecraft, NFS, Little Hope The Dark Pictures, The Quarry, GTAV, Fortnite, FPS Shooters.
The pressset doesn’t have to be ultra high, but I’d like to be somewhere between 60-144 FPS
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
Nothing of that
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
17-inches would be fine, touchscreen wouldn’t, but a Full HD 1080p display is perfectly adequate.
3. How long should the battery last?
If it’s for home office or school, it would be nice if the laptop could last a whole school day
For example, Word Excel, PowerPoint and research (of course with Spotify permanently in the background))
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license?
Windows 10 with the possibility of being able to upgrade to Windows 11 in the distant future (ie TPM 2.0, 8Gen Intel, or equivalent eg alternative AMD) I still have a license here
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colours?
More RGB = More FPS… no fun, but I wouldn’t want to do without a backlit keyboard, the cache should be something high quality aluminum, metal or plastic.
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about?
An SD card reader would be nice, as well as USB-C and of course sufficient interfaces, maintainability is of course non+ultra, the laptop should not sound like a plane taking off with a full load.
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
I even prefer second-hand purchases for a maximum of €650, unless there is something new for €650 from the middle class.
Thanks in advance,
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.