1.1. Do you want to use the laptop primarily mobile or stationary? How mobile should the laptop be? Should it be a 2-in-1 notebook/convertible?
mobile in the apartment
1.2. If you want to play games: what games? What level of detail?
Age of Empires 1-4, Anno 1604-1800, Stronghold and other games in this area. High level of detail in older games: Medium level of detail in modern games is sufficient.
1.3. Music/image/video editing or CAD: which software? Professional or hobbyist?
2. How big should the screen be? Do you want a touch screen or a particularly high display quality?
Exclusively 17″ because no external monitor is used.
3. How long should the battery last?
mainly on the net, therefore irrelevant.
4. What operating system do you want to use? Is there a license? Does the laptop already have an operating system pre-installed? Do you get Windows through college?
Ideally, Win10/11: The license would be available just in case.
5. Do you have any wishes regarding design, processing quality, material or colour?
Black design/as robust as possible.
6. Are there any other special requirements that were not asked about? Big hard drive? numeric keyboard? keyboard backlight? pen holder? Docking via USB-C/Thunderbolt 3? CD/DVD drive? Discounts (educational)? Service and warranty? maintenance options? SD card reader?
7. How much money are you willing to spend? Is buying used an option?
Pain limit of €1,200. Favorite new purchase.
I already created a theme a few weeks ago and was about to buy an Asus TUF. Unfortunately, I took my time, which means the offer was already sold out when I wanted to order. Now that I’ve resolved the inner conflict with myself and started looking for a laptop again (this time on a slightly higher budget), I’ve found some interesting models. However, since I don’t have much experience yet, I would like to show you the models I found and ask for your feedback. If you have any better suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I divide the models into the 3060 and 3050 category.
In the lead up I was generally advised to use a 3060 as a 3050 will often hit its limits even for my requirements. Even then I was stuck on the idea that it must be a device for less than 1000 euros, although there are already some promising models for 100-200 euros more, in my opinion. So I would be very grateful for your opinions and maybe even personal experiences.
Introvert. Beer guru. Communicator. Travel fanatic. Web advocate. Certified alcohol geek. Tv buff. Subtly charming internet aficionado.