First, the fear of having touched the high voltage cables with the forklift they used to do metalwork on the roof of a company. Then, almost unharmed by the electric shock – it remains to be understood how, given that 132,000 volts ran through the line – they remained in the cold, 12 meters high, for more than three hours. Many were used to rescue two workers aged 38 and 41 from a Milanese company in Cornate d’Adda. Certainly not because the rescue was late: on the contrary, 118 with the self-medics and two ambulances and the firefighters from Treviglio and Bergamo arrived in a few minutes at the courtyard of the «Meyer Europa» in Viale Berna in Zingonia, on the border between Verdellino and Ciserano . Except that the delicacy of the situation and precisely the presence of the high voltage line required the carrying out of essential technical steps and avoiding any possible risk for the two workers and for the rescuers: the 132,000 volt line, which Dalmine starts and is administered by Terna, it was immediately suspended.
FROM L’ECO DI BERGAMO
Log in to read the full article and all the ideas for free. Enter your account username and password.